Microworms, grindals, and white worms for sale - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Microworms, grindals, and white worms for sale

Hi,

I'll make this short - I'm downsizing and I have a crapton of worms and plastic boxes to keep them in. I don't want a lot of money. I just want to downsize. Make an offer.

4 boxes of grindal worms, healthy and thriving. Each box is about 1 week away from "that magic moment" when they'll need to be transplanted to new coconut coir. Those who know what that means will tell you that these boxes are very productive right now and could feed in total about 100 fish daily. I rotate which box I feed out of each day since I only have 30 fish or so. I feed these worms Iams kitten food. A 5kg bale of coconut coir from a hydroponic store is about $9 last I checked. It's been so long since I've had to buy more I've forgotten exactly. In any case you can buy it at Petco/Petsmart for $4 a small brick. It's used as reptile bedding and made by ZooMed from those guys.

4 boxes of microworms. These are also healthy producers and have newish media (wet Hungry Jack instant potatoes with Fleishmann's yeast sprinkled on top). The instant potato does not have the odor of oatmeal over soil, and none of the molding problems. They can go over a month between refreshing the media like this. Excellent for small mouthed fish and fry. I feed these to celestial pearl danios and they go crazy for them. Easily harvested with a piece of hard flat plastic laid carefully over the top and by suction, a layer of worms come off without the media and merely swished around the top of the aquarium. You're done.

4 boxes of white worms. Each box is in a different stage of maturity to ensure that there's always at least one box in use at any time. I have one that needs refreshing and 3 as stated above. These need to stay cool and are excellent for larger fish like rams and African and South American cichlids. If you want to purchase the wine cooler I have them in I would be fine with that. I paid $25 for a used Danby DWC172BL in brand new condition, and I will re-sell it for the same, in the same condition. I've had it running with worms in it for almost a year without problem. This is a compressor model, not thermoelectric. You could even use it for wine! :-)

Make me an offer on the worms. I will not ship so local only, please.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode