Awesome Store In Queens, Nyc! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Exclamation Awesome Store In Queens, Nyc!

Hey peeps,

if anyones interested in a very good fish store with good prices, you will really get a kick out of the store that just opened near my house. I just went there last week n they had a pretty big collection of fish and some plants (banana plants go for $2!)...lets just say i was in fish heaven...and the staff who were there were knowledgeable about their product! =)...a good change after petland and petco...and the stores daym clean! prolly cuz its new but w/e it was nice to go to a very dedicated fish store....sorry for blabbing but i cant stop gushing!

i think its called "world of fish"...i forgot the exact name but i will double chek it........
its located on 28th Avenue and Steinway Street (R to Steinway Street or N/W to Astoria Blvd from where you cud take the M60 bus to steinway street, but you can choose to walk from the subway station...its like a ten minute walk)........OH AND FRoM WHAT I REMEMBER ZEBRA FISH GO FOR TWO FOR A DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
how does it compare to Sea Vision, that must be just down the block on 2519 Astoria Blvd? or do you have the name wrong, and actually went into Sea Vision? Sea Vision has live tanks in the front 2/3rds of the store, with tanks, equipment and dry goods in the back 1/3rd.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
Petco and Petland both also sell banana plants for $2. Hehe.

I just looked up both stores, they're about a 10 minute walk from one another. Are either of these stores worth wandering to from Brooklyn?

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
I know where I'm going over christmas break

Eheim Pimp #254, Eheim Wolverine #1

Work in progress
10 Gallon Shrimp Tank
10 Gallon Planted QT
20 Gallon Shrimp Tank (Work in progress)

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)
Send a message via AIM to frozenbarb
Cool i must check this weekend if im feeling not sick

One month in.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathan0 View Post
Are either of these stores worth wandering to from Brooklyn?
I doubt it as SeaVision was no bigger than a PetLandDiscount with a lot better livestock, and most of the retail space in that area are these small 20x80' stores. best to call them and make sure you visit the day after they get a new fish delivery. do you have this "World of Fish" street address and phone number; if so please share it here. hopefully it won't turn out to be an Asian fish monger because I'd be surprised to see that area support two different aquarium fish store so close together.

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 02:17 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
Wonderful World of Fish n' More
25-71 Steinway Street
Astoria NY 11103
718-278-0708

Sea Vision
25-19 Astoria Blvd
Astoria, NY 11102
718-777-1007

They're on opposite sides of the N train line, not too far from one another.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

thankx leviathan0 for getting the info...u rock!
i have been busy lately so havent had much time 2 get the info...i have never been to sea vision, but one thing i could difinitely tell you is that the world of fish is definitely worth your time...maybe they havent got the biggest selection of fish (in comparison to fish stores in china or germany )but i really like the cleanliness of the store n the great health of the fish...and the workers there actually knew what they were talking abt! and the prices r very good...theyr cheaper than at drsfostersmith.com....

p.s. please dont mind my OTT enthusiam...its jus that its hard to find a good fish store in queens thats actually worth calling a fish store!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Send a message via AIM to FrostyNYC
I went to Sea Vision for the first time yesterday, and I was disappointed. While the store is very clean and the tanks seem clean, Id say that only 50% of the tanks had fish in them. Everything else was empty. I think they had maybe 10 species of freshwater fish in stock. No joke. The saltwater tanks were much more heavily stocked.

As far as plants go, they had java moss, and a number of dead/dying plants of various species.

Im sure the store is better stocked immediately after a shipment, but my trip on a Saturday afternoon wasn't so hot.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbless View Post
Hey peeps,

if anyones interested in a very good fish store with good prices, you will really get a kick out of the store that just opened near my house. I just went there last week n they had a pretty big collection of fish and some plants (banana plants go for $2!)...lets just say i was in fish heaven...and the staff who were there were knowledgeable about their product! =)...a good change after petland and petco...and the stores daym clean! prolly cuz its new but w/e it was nice to go to a very dedicated fish store....sorry for blabbing but i cant stop gushing!

i think its called "world of fish"...i forgot the exact name but i will double chek it........
its located on 28th Avenue and Steinway Street (R to Steinway Street or N/W to Astoria Blvd from where you cud take the M60 bus to steinway street, but you can choose to walk from the subway station...its like a ten minute walk)........OH AND FRoM WHAT I REMEMBER ZEBRA FISH GO FOR TWO FOR A DOLLAR!!!!!!!!!

That store is way too expensive. I went their twice and still couldnt believe the prices. Its a nice looking store because its new but I dont think its going to last with those prices.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spypet View Post
I doubt it as SeaVision was no bigger than a PetLandDiscount with a lot better livestock, and most of the retail space in that area are these small 20x80' stores. best to call them and make sure you visit the day after they get a new fish delivery. do you have this "World of Fish" street address and phone number; if so please share it here. hopefully it won't turn out to be an Asian fish monger because I'd be surprised to see that area support two different aquarium fish store so close together.
Their is also US Pets on Steinway about 2 blocks from Petland and about three blocks from wonderful world of fish. . That place is the oldest of all pet stores and is a real dump. They definately dont have a good variety and their fish are in poor condition.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to nycsicktank
Wonderful world of fish is one of the best store out there in queens. excellent prices, quality, and awesome peoples. Steve is the manger/owner and is a nice guy.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (101/100%)
In Long Island in Mineola (near the Roosevelt Field Mall)...I ran into this place called Aquarium Adventure....WOW! the place was hugh.

Price is high for stuff but it was definitely eye candy.

I'll have to find out the street it was on...definitely in between Old Country Road and Jericho Turnpike...yes, i know...that doesn't help much.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 04:41 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (101/100%)
ok, after reading some more threads...i see that aquarium adventure has been noted already...guess I've been out of the loop!
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)
Send a message via AIM to frozenbarb
As i was coming home from school i went into h2o Aquariums at Queens blvd and Grand Ave I went in and in front of the door to your right there was a Planted tank for 200$.... I was like OMG i got to take a picture of this.
It was a 5g with Seachem oxyn? sand,Fish,shrimp,plants,cheap light,fat filter.
For 200 dollars. You guys have to check it out. Its horrible

One month in.

Tags
vendor comments

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode