Attention Free/Super Cheap Tanks! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Attention Free/Super Cheap Tanks!

Pacific Aquarium, 46 Delancey St #1, New York, NY 10002, Has free to barely anything fish tanks!

When I left owner was telling me about his tanks, being that I had 10+ already I couldn't take any, and phone was dead :/.

There is currently 2, maybe 40+ gallon fish tanks sitting outside for free, one is slightly cracked.

There is 4 left ranging 30-60+ gallon for 25$ each, all drilled and in a good condition, get them while you can, report if you get anything. Pick up tomorrow morning during, maybe some time before that to get the tanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
They are replacing tanks, or something worse?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems
http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 12:43 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhu View Post
They are replacing tanks, or something worse?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems
http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

They are redoing their entire back section where their cardinals and other small fishes use to be. The store is slowly improving in the way they present themselves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

29 Gallon Anubias/Java Fern Tank-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Love Pacific
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCaqua View Post
They are redoing their entire back section where their cardinals and other small fishes use to be. The store is slowly improving in the way they present themselves.
This. Owner said the same thing and they just got in multiple rimless tanks, 10-20g all with light blue backgrounds and some decor, will be looking nice next week.

++Cheap lighting also for sale.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 06:03 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by agro View Post
This. Owner said the same thing and they just got in multiple rimless tanks, 10-20g all with light blue backgrounds and some decor, will be looking nice next week.

++Cheap lighting also for sale.

did u see a 36in?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Planted Member

I hope pacific starts doing better maintenance on their systems with this transfer. Lately during my visits i noticed several fish with ich and in poor shape. Even though i have a quarantine system, the stores should provide a ich free fish from the start. Look forward to see the improvement.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCaqua View Post
I hope pacific starts doing better maintenance on their systems with this transfer. Lately during my visits i noticed several fish with ich and in poor shape. Even though i have a quarantine system, the stores should provide a ich free fish from the start. Look forward to see the improvement.
A lot of the cichlids to the left often have horrible ich. Also some fishes are put together with the worse bullies and left to die. That and that female has no clue what shes doing usually.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agro View Post
A lot of the cichlids to the left often have horrible ich. Also some fishes are put together with the worse bullies and left to die. That and that female has no clue what shes doing usually.
Most people they sell to are probably beginners. But i hope some people are able to pick up some of their tanks. With a bit of polishing and resealing some possible silicone damage the tanks would look great.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
Thanks for updating us @ PacificAquarium

They are in transition to replace tanks and iron racks and have started the tear down of the center tanks traditionally housing their tropical livestock in the backroom. The shrimp tanks are now custom rimless tanks and moved back to the wall adjacent to the basement stairs.

On a separate note, Pacific runs a central filtration system so their old tanks are likely drilled with years of use behind them. Salvaging them for personal use may be hit or miss depending on the individual.

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
Thanks for updating us @ PacificAquarium

They are in transition to replace tanks and iron racks and have startedthe tear down of the center tanks traditionally housing their tropical livestock in the backroom. The shrimp tanks are now custom rimless tanks and moved back to the wall adjacent to the basement stairs.

On a separate note, Pacific runs a central filtration system so their old tanks are likely drilled with years of use behind them. Salvaging them for personal use may be hit or miss depending on the individual.
That iron shrimp rack has been there for a month or two, also look like plain tanks, don't remember that detail though.

The tanks sold we're in perfect used condition, the ones outside only showed a bit of damage, wonder if anyone here got any.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode