PTrader: (0/0%)
Kordon Ick Attack

Any store in Flushing sell this stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 02:26 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)
I don't know, but you might be better off just calling your local stores and asking.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
Call kissena aquarium, monster aquarium, petland discounts to see if they have it in stock.

When in need, i purchased this at Petco (14th Union sq).
The closest Petco to flushing would be in Whitestone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I am Groot", the faithful protector

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I've been reading mixed reviews on both API Super Ick Cure and Kordon's Ick Attack. I may use the API one to see how is goes since I have been using API products for a while now.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
I've used ick attack the one time experiencing ich on my beloved Zebra Otos last august. They were consistently reported to be more holistic and safer for scaleless fish so the choice for me was pretty easy. I wish you luck with whichever you decide. Raising temps and salinity generally works for most folks but i wanted some insurance given the cost of my fauna.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I am Groot", the faithful protector
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Algae Grower

Order from Amazon!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I dont want to use salt because it kills plants. I will order Kordon online if I am unable to get it locally. I never had any good experience using salt such as salt dip for bacteria infections, etc. Salt kills things, not healing based on my experience.

But I wanted to treat the tank right away, time is not on my side. So I would treat it with Super Ick Cure as I already have some home.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Trd t ╦σ R├r.

PTrader: (362/100%)
Try Coral Aquarium, Roosevelt Ave, 74th st.

Cheers!!!
J
"The future's uncertain, and the end is always near."
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 02:16 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (24/100%)
I would try the petco in college point. The one near staples and walbaums.

55 GAL DISCUS

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 06:09 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32Bit_Fish View Post
I dont want to use salt because it kills plants. I will order Kordon online if I am unable to get it locally. I never had any good experience using salt such as salt dip for bacteria infections, etc. Salt kills things, not healing based on my experience.

But I wanted to treat the tank right away, time is not on my side. So I would treat it with Super Ick Cure as I already have some home.
Based on the reading I've done, if you plants your options are somewhat limited, worse so if you have plants and inverts. Ich Attack definitely works, although it's not among the fastest cures, and reports are mixed on its effectiveness in really bad infections.

I've used it successfully in planted tanks with inverts.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I dosed the tank with API Super Ick Cure and majority of the fish are now white sopt free after 24 hrs of treatment. Let's see how the plants are going to fair out. Nothing illuminating at this point.

But the blue tanning is really bad from the med.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/93%)
I didnt reply to this thread at first but I shall now, I used Kordon Ich Attack once, like you I read that it was safe and organic blah blah. I didnt see results, ever. I have found better results from just using Quick Cure, or API Ich attack at half doses. I did half doses in the am and pm instead of full doses once a day. Yes it stains airline hoses and sealant sometimes but I don't think the Kordon Ich Attack is worth your money.

-Jacklyn
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
I didnt reply to this thread at first but I shall now, I used Kordon Ich Attack once, like you I read that it was safe and organic blah blah. I didnt see results, ever. I have found better results from just using Quick Cure, or API Ich attack at half doses. I did half doses in the am and pm instead of full doses once a day. Yes it stains airline hoses and sealant sometimes but I don't think the Kordon Ich Attack is worth your money.
Thanks for your feedback on Kordon's Ick Attack. Like I said I've done research on both product (Kordon's and API) before treating my fish. I got mixed reviews on both product. However, I found posts that people on here recommended Kordon's Ick Attack and it seems more people on this board have used Kordon's product over API. I used API quick Ick before on a 10G tank, it cured the ick disease quickly. But I was concerning of using Super Ick Cure due to plants.

Anyway, the instruction says dose 5ML of super ick cure for every 5 gallon of water and repeat dosing after 48 hours and do a 25% w/c after the second dosing.

I feel the API product worked well because I dosed a 75G with the dosage that only enough for a 39G tank. I ran out, but I didn't want to wait another 24 hours to get more med. So I dosed the 75G with half required dosage. Fish were already showing signs of improvement after 24 hours. I could only find two or three cardinals have white spots vs. twenty cardinals all had white spots before the treatment.

I do not know why many reviews said API Super Ick Cure did not work on their fish. Maybe it was too late when they started treating the fish.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
No product is 100% effective, because sometimes the fish are too far gone before treatment even starts. There can be spots inside the gills that you can't even see, so it CAN be worse than it looks.

That said, both products work, under the right circumstances. Ich Attack is safe for your plants and inverts, Super Ick Cure is NOT. Also, some pretty obnoxious side effects (staining, etc.) with Super Ick Cure. Personally, in all but really bad cases, I personally would go with Ich Attack (which, again, has been used successfully by many). In the worst cases, Quick Cure is a solid choice, but again, the staining, high copper content and negative effect on plants and inverts means it's a pretty drastic choice. Super Ick Cure, from what I've been able to determine, has about the worst track record of the bunch. It's not as safe to use as Ich Attack, and it's not as effective as Quick Cure. So why bother with it?

Frankly, if I didn't have plants and inverts, I'd simply go with the heat + salt method, which has been proven effective time and time again. It's not fast, but 100% natural and it works.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
No product is 100% effective, because sometimes the fish are too far gone before treatment even starts. There can be spots inside the gills that you can't even see, so it CAN be worse than it looks.

That said, both products work, under the right circumstances. Ich Attack is safe for your plants and inverts, Super Ick Cure is NOT. Also, some pretty obnoxious side effects (staining, etc.) with Super Ick Cure. Personally, in all but really bad cases, I personally would go with Ich Attack (which, again, has been used successfully by many). In the worst cases, Quick Cure is a solid choice, but again, the staining, high copper content and negative effect on plants and inverts means it's a pretty drastic choice. Super Ick Cure, from what I've been able to determine, has about the worst track record of the bunch. It's not as safe to use as Ich Attack, and it's not as effective as Quick Cure. So why bother with it?

Frankly, if I didn't have plants and inverts, I'd simply go with the heat + salt method, which has been proven effective time and time again. It's not fast, but 100% natural and it works.
Ok. Thanks for the feedback. I guess I would buy a bottle of Korch's Ich Attack for backup.

It sounds like I should be ready to buy some plants for my tank after this is done. I got some hardy plants in my tank and hopefully they will survive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode