Fish Place (NT) Planted Tank Question - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fish Place (NT) Planted Tank Question

If I go to the fish place, i'll buy something new which would be bad. Maybe somene here knows.
I want to know what is the black snake looking animal in the planted display tank to the right of the sales counter (when you're looking at the counter). I've been wondering for a while now and never get around to asking the sales people. I've usually asked more than my fair share of questions by the time I go look into that tank...

Any one know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2006, 12:02 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
i usually go there if i remember ill ask someone and pm u if you find out first pm me.
Dave
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
On a somewhat related note, is anyone just a little concerned that the Fish Place is getting into the reptile business?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Clone,
I hadn't noticed. How recent is this? I've been in there twice since New Years I think. I must have been really taken by the green land fish..
I remember them renovating last year though. I hope they stay away from birds. I distrust the people that bird-shop.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I was there a couple of days ago. There is a "Coming Soon" sign posted near the door advertising a reptile store.

Is there a part of the building that is not occupied? There were no signs of any rearrangement in the store. Next time I'm there I will ask what the plan is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (27/100%)
The reptile store is on Oliver Street

Hello, I am new to the forum and live in N.T. Their new reptile store is down on Oliver Street in a seperate building. I don't think they could cram in anymore stuff in their present location.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Welcome to the Planted Tank General. I'm glad to hear that the critters are going to be in a separate building. I have done a lot of traveling, stopping in to fish/pet stores along the northeast and the Fish Place is truly special in their selection and personnel. IMO it would have been a real shame if the Fish Place would have sacrificed floorspace or personnel.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:37 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (27/100%)
The Fish Place is amazing..

I agree with you that the The Fish Place is a great store. In my opinion they are the best store in the Western New York area. I have kept aquariums for 4 years and have recently added plants to my tanks. The plant selection is amazing and the staff is truly knowledgeable. My only problem with the store is that is too close too me. I go there at least once a week and every time I go my wallet seems to get a little lighter.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I used to live on Grand Island. When the bridge traffic was bad I would get off at Delaware and waste time at The Fish Place till traffic got moving again. I bought a lot of fish and plants that way.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Thank god they're not making a reptile addition to their current location.....
I think we should have a mini-meet at The Fish Place one of these weekends...
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 06:57 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ming Send a message via MSN to ming
To the original question, that snake looking thing is a rubber worm. They have it available for sale sometimes and they're nocturnal so if they're in a tank, they're usually hiding behind plants/wood.

I'm just going by memory because I used to work there but haven't been there since I moved 2 months ago

Taken down

Taken down
10G, 2x10W PC Walmart Screw-ins Cherry Shrimp Tank
29G, 2x65W PC Coralife, Flourite Taken down

Taken down

75G, 2x54W T5, 90lbs Flourite

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Ming,
Thanks, I found info on them online: Typhlonectes natans.
Turns out they eat shrimp and small fish. Guess i'll have to admire the one at the fish place because they're not for my tank.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode