cherry shrimps in Buffalo? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
cherry shrimps in Buffalo?

I've been looking around for some cherries, but the only place in the area that has them is The Fish Place in NT, but at $5 each, it's a little high for me start a colony....

I know Big Al's in Toronto/Mississauga/other locations has them, and they're like $4cdn each or 6/$21cdn, but they're difficult to sex, and can't find pregnant females...

any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)
Buy them from one of the many reputable people on this forum. I believe vinnymac has them for about $2 each and has had great success in shipping them. Check out this link https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20432

Brian

Eheim Pimp #134
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 03:53 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I don't know about cherry shrimp, but Markheim in Amherst usually has amano shrimp and i've seen rudolph shrimp there too. They usually do $4 or 3 for $10 if I remember correctly. It might be worth giving them a call to see if they have any instock. Its been a while since I've been in there. $21 CND is pretty good, chances of you getting all one sex are slim. Thats like $16-17 USD or so I think. You'll have to decide if its cheaper to drive all over and burn gas, buy local to you or if shipping is cheaper.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (67/100%)
Hi chickenball z, I have cherries for sale if you're interested.

-Bill
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 12:12 AM

Just incase anyones looking for shrimp still.
I was at the Fish Place today. Saw they had cherry shrimp for ~ $5. "Algae eating" shrimp (Amino?) were only $2 or 3 i think. They also had wood/flower shrimp for $8. Those shrimp are huge! Bigger than any of my fish. I picked one up because I have been looking for one for over a year now.
There was also a tank labeled with bumble bee shrimp, but I couldn't see any in there. I only looked in about 1/5th of the tanks though, so they might have had others.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
A couple of weeks ago I picked up an African Fan Shrimp at the Fish Place for $11 to replace the wood shrimp I found on the dining room carpet. I had that wood shimp for three years or so. Next time I'm there I will keep an eye open for wood shimp. After my Bolivian Rams he/she was my favorite "fish"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 03:56 PM

Wow, how big is your African Fan Shrimp? Those look so cool.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
Small 2 to 2 1/2"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode