Pygmy Cory's - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
Pygmy Cory's

I met Frank yesterday and picked up my 6 little pygmaeus cory's.
They are half or smaller then the 2 I have. They were swimming around the front of the tank one was alone. Then all of a sudden one of the older ones come over to him, they stare at each other for a moment and then just swim away together, it was so cool to watch them do that. Then the other little ones came over and now they're a nice little group swimming around the tank together, so cute It's amazing how they communicat to each other and how the older ones who don't really swim around the tank that much came right over to them. Well I thought it was amazing anyhow,lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Yes, the pygmies are nice. That's great to hear! I love to watch my 16 pygmies shoal/school to gather.

110g Tropical Community & Sakura Shrimp
55g BN Breeding Grounds, Peacock Gudgeons, Panda, Pygmies, & Smudge Spot Cories, Rili Shrimp
10g RCS and show guppies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
These are the cutest fish i currently have. they seem to socialize more than my other fish and are often found resting on random leaves until one swims past and the other soon follows. very cute! Youre gonna love them!

"I am Groot", the faithful protector

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)
I had 3 Pygmy cories from Heartnet for a few months before I got more (from msjinkzd at the Greater City Aq Society meeting lol). They were half the size of Heartnet's and the moment they were added, the 3 seniors, who I never saw before then, came out and 'welcomed them home'. They all school together in the mornings and evenings now, take tours around the tank or something. Too sweet.

And Sunyang just dropped off 9 more for me XDDDDD

If you like fish socializing, you need to get a pile of otos. I LOVE watching them meet and greet and school together, but they need a tank where they really feel safe and with good flow. Otherwise they're awfully shy.

"Heee-eerree fishy fishy fish!" -ernie

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellie View Post
I had 3 Pygmy cories from Heartnet for a few months before I got more (from msjinkzd at the Greater City Aq Society meeting lol). They were half the size of Heartnet's and the moment they were added, the 3 seniors, who I never saw before then, came out and 'welcomed them home'. They all school together in the mornings and evenings now, take tours around the tank or something. Too sweet.

And Sunyang just dropped off 9 more for me XDDDDD

If you like fish socializing, you need to get a pile of otos. I LOVE watching them meet and greet and school together, but they need a tank where they really feel safe and with good flow. Otherwise they're awfully shy.
same for me, a few of them are sooo tiny but they fell right in with the older ones. Love otto's but I'm so bottom dweller heavy in my other tank, hmmm maybe I can fit a few more in the 40b here
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
These are the cutest fish i currently have. they seem to socialize more than my other fish and are often found resting on random leaves until one swims past and the other soon follows. very cute! Youre gonna love them!
have to agree with you there, they're becoming my favorit's next to my sparkling gourami's.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

the pygmy posse

“Goodness is the only investment that never fails”

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

thefishermnan, love that picture! they are just so adorable!
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
Aw... youre making me want to get some tiger lillies'

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
I need pygmy's again

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:

Mom's Spec V:
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefisherman View Post
the pygmy posse
eeeeeeeee so cute!
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Oh man.....I have access to these guys in NJ, and you guys are KILLING me! hahaha....my tanks are pushing their stocking limits already. I....must....resist!
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 02:41 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
they dont really add that much to the bio load. If you are talking about your 29G, imo you can add plenty.
BTW, which stores in NJ have them?
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I think I'm going to get more. I was watching them last night, it's like the older ones are watching over the little guys. They're so cute I can't stand it I want more!!!
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by furnfins View Post
I think I'm going to get more. I was watching them last night, it's like the older ones are watching over the little guys. They're so cute I can't stand it I want more!!!
Pwaahahahahahahaha. Oh dear. They are very 'swarmy' with 29 pygs in my 29gallon Wake up every morning to group tours around the tank. I'm thinking I need more hasbrosus too.

"Heee-eerree fishy fishy fish!" -ernie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode