Anyone know a custom tank creator? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)
Anyone know a custom tank creator?

I'm looking for an aquarium maker that creates nano tanks. I heard it maybe cheaper than to create a 5 gallon-esque tank like ada 45-f out of acrylic than to buy the 45-f. Was wondering if anyone knew of tank makers on the island or can point me in a right direction. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (59/100%)
You can try Aquarium Village out in Westbury. I got a quote from them for a larger tank that was quite reasonable.

"Space and light and order. Those are the things that men need just as much as they need bread or a place to sleep."

DECOMMISSIONED

DECOMMISSIONED
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

How many gallons and how much? (your quote anyways)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 12:06 AM
F22
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Hi, we make custom tanks of all sizes at rt4 aquarium, please feel free to call us

201 797 6655

Mike
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (59/100%)
I missed the fact that you wanted acrylic. I'm not sure if they do acrylic tanks, but doesn't hurt to ask. Any reason you want acrylic over glass at that size?

My quote was for the 75g in my sig, so it's really different from what you're looking for. I think they wanted around 875 for it, not bad considering what other builders wanted. I ended up going with a builder out in Jersey (CTC Custom Aquariums), not because of price though.

While I was researching months ago, I found a company that made just acrylic tanks out on Long Island, but unfortunately I don't remember what their name is. If you google custom tanks and new york/long island, start clicking on all the links and you might stumble on them. That's how I did it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

"Space and light and order. Those are the things that men need just as much as they need bread or a place to sleep."

DECOMMISSIONED

DECOMMISSIONED
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Oh there's no specific reason, I just figured acrylic is cheaper than glass at this point for rimless tanks.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Trd t ╦σ R├r.

PTrader: (362/100%)
Glass cage is another option. glasscages.com~~check it out.

Cheers!!!
J
"The future's uncertain, and the end is always near."
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

yeah maddd expensive lol. I'm looking for an acrylic tank with similar dimensions to the Do!aqua 60F. However, everywhere I'm looking, it's more expensive xD

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
Send a message via AIM to cprash
Hey banana, don't know if you saw, but I found that DeepBlue 5B for $35 in the city.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Yeah I saw, the thing is I didn't realize it wasn't 5 gallons, but rather 3 gallons. I accidently assumed the 5 meant 5 gallons xD

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
Send a message via AIM to cprash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananariot View Post
Yeah I saw, the thing is I didn't realize it wasn't 5 gallons, but rather 3 gallons. I accidently assumed the 5 meant 5 gallons xD
Yeah. It looked bigger in the picture, haha
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 04:12 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hey, let me butt in. Would anyone know of a place that would do a 30lg. I would get a Ada but I can't go wider then 14". I'll look in to rt4.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode