Roll call? Long Islanders? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Roll call? Long Islanders?

Where you guys at? Everything i seen is from Brooklyn and the city on here...Any REAL New Yorkers? Nassau? Suffolk? we may even accept Queens(although personally, i'm not a fan)...

come on guys, be loud, be proud...The Island runs this state!

Last edited by Ridewithme38; 06-22-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)
SUFFOLLKKKKK.

Stony Brook.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (59/100%)
Does borderline of Long Island count? If so, count me in.

"Space and light and order. Those are the things that men need just as much as they need bread or a place to sleep."

DECOMMISSIONED

DECOMMISSIONED

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Algae Grower

I'm on the CT side of the Long Island Sound, lol!

2.5 Gal Low Tech Planted Betta Paradise (A work in progress!)
Canon Pimp Club #052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
But not to worry. I have H2O2 and know how to use it!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Well I'm from Brooklyn but now I'm in Queens... Which is in nyc, which the last time I checked, is in the REAL NY.

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by frrok View Post
Well I'm from Brooklyn but now I'm in Queens... Which is in nyc, which the last time I checked, is in the REAL NY.
Hardly, i like to think of Brooklyn, Queens and the bronx as sort of the 'unwanted stepchild' of the NY family...Sure, they're family so you kinda have to acknowledge them around holidays....but the rest of the time they should stay chained in the basement where they belong...Upstate is sort of the 'crazy uncle' of the family...He's fun when he's drinking and suggesting 'cow tipping' but once he starts talking about 'floride in the water' and going 'off grid' to hide from 'government cameras' its time to move on

Nassau and Suffolk are kinda the Cream of the Crop....
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
first time i learn today that Nassau and Suffolk folks are the REAL New Yorkers Manhattanites are just New Yorker wannabes so I guess I don't belong
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtu2004 View Post
first time i learn today that Nassau and Suffolk folks are the REAL New Yorkers Manhattanites are just New Yorker wannabes so I guess I don't belong
It's ok, i bet its hard to hear for the first time, but eventually you'll get used to it

To be fair, i've read that there are 10x more rats living in Manhattan then people...So, i'm not sure if Manhattan really IS a city, it maybe more of a 'Nest'

Don't get me wrong, a LOT of my friends, family and Neighbors work in Manhattan...so i'm not totally bashing it....BUT, True New Yorkers, Live in Nassau or Suffolk
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Hey hey play nice. We're all new yorkers. Upstaters are the ones that don't count. And let's all thank the lord we aren't from New Jersey.

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 08:45 PM
ren
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (24/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananariot View Post
Hey hey play nice. We're all new yorkers. Upstaters are the ones that don't count. And let's all thank the lord we aren't from New Jersey.
Hahah that's funny everyone I think of Jersey I think of that show How I Met Your Mother and how they bash on Jersey.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Wanna know why New Yorks are so depressed? its cause the light at the end of our tunnel is NJ

anyways, Nassau County baby right here, also props to stony brook :P

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:

Mom's Spec V:
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Guess my town.. only one possibility..which is both nassau and suffolk!
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Town of Huntington lol?

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridHerp View Post
Wanna know why New Yorks are so depressed? its cause the light at the end of our tunnel is NJ

anyways, Nassau County baby right here, also props to stony brook :P
Boo ya!

I actually live like right off the campus by south p lot if anyone knows that area

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
^that area I know :P

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:

My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:

Mom's Spec V:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode