LFS with good plants in Rochester? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question LFS with good plants in Rochester?

I am heading up that way on Monday and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to get some nice plants up there. Figured if I had a few extra $ and the time I could take a peak. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (24/100%)
Sorry I did not see this sooner-

If you come back up this way, there are two Petworld locations (one in Greece on Ridge Road, and the other in Fairport off of 31F). They sometimes get huge shipments of great plants in, but lately the stock has been of poor quality and has become more of the common java fern, swords, anacharis and potted crypts & anubias kind of stuff. They used to carry different varieties of rotala, uncommon ludwigia species and other goodies and still get this stuff from time to time.

Your better option though is ABC Pet World on High St. in Fairport. They have great fish and great plants...often really uncommon stuff at great prices. I hardly ever go there without buying something. Last time I was there I bought a 7" diameter ball of Christmas moss for $10...deal of a century!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
A Place called the Salty Dog opened up on the way to Rochester.

145 S. Main St, Canadaigua, NY 14424
(TheSaltyDogShop.com)

The Owner(s) were previously from a place called Markheims in Amherst and they had beautiful Fresh water Plants and fish, of various types. I am not sure though as I believe they may be doing simply Freshwater...so call ahead.

EDIT: Best place in all of WNY is "The Fish Place" in North Tonawanda. They are unrivaled when it comes to Fresh and/or Brackish Planted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode