The Planted Tank Forum banner

DIY LED Party?

878 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  WingoAgency 
#1 ·
Anyone want to try DIY LED? Today, I ran one workshop with my reef friends and I want to share the knowledge and fun with my FW friends here.

I will be retro fitting one of my pico tank to LED as the PC has died, I think it's great opportunity for local peers to see, learn, explore and discuss about LED for aquarium use. In fact, I still have couple more system I need to upgrade. So I expect to host more in the future if you guys think it's worthy of your time.

My place has room for about 4 to 5 people. I have 2 extra small work table for you to build your light, if you guys wants to bring in your LED kits to Build them together. I have most of the tools extra for more than one person except soldering iron.

You bring your favorite drinks and I have liquor to top it. I also have karaoke machine for those who wanna sing. We can just socialize, drink, sing or discuss about LED lighting in causal setting-no set format.

I am expecting to do the retro fit this coming weekend. If you guys are interested in coming, please email me at WingoAgency@yahoo.com

I am at Flushing NY 11355

:wink:

See less See more
#2 ·
I am going to fix yet another of my nano hood into LED this Sunday Oct 9th, 11 at 5:00pm. I am hating CFL/T5 in nano because every single hood I have has a dead bulb or failed ballest!!!!

If you guys are interested in learning how to DIY LED, you are welcome to join me at Flushing NY 11355. SMS me for details. Usually, attendance are reefing community friends, it will be a good chance for you guys to share some experience of the SW world too.

If you want to test the PAR value of your light, please bring the light, I have a meter for you to use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.