Buffalo NY scapers? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Buffalo NY scapers?

Anyone local interested in flora and fauna trades or sells/buys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikardob View Post
Anyone local interested in flora and fauna trades or sells/buys?

Hey bud - New to planted as I am converting a 29 Gallon Biocube former Saltwater. Currently in the very beginning stages of conversion so it will take some time, but noticed you were from B'lo so figured would say hi.

Go SABRES!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Nice. I'm still in the planning stages of mine and was just hoping to find a local source for trimmings and hopefully rcs. Carpet plants are few and far between at lfs. Maybe we can trade plants and stuff once we are up and running. Go Sabres!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Nice. I'm still in the planning stages of mine and was just hoping to find a local source for trimmings and hopefully rcs. Carpet plants are few and far between at lfs. Maybe we can trade plants and stuff once we are up and running. Go Sabres!
I found Microsword at "The Fish Place" - they had one pot of it, and since that is the only I found...

Seems like it is available often enough from the Swap n Shop.

What town are you located in? I am technical West Seneca, right by the South Buffalo border...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

* Edit: Double post.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I just got off the phone with the fish place. I'll be there around 7 tonight to place an order. I'm right in downtown Buffalo behind J.P. Bullfeathers on Elmwood by Pano's. If anyone in Buffalo has a female Cherry Shrimp they wouldn't mind selling please message me.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
You can find some pretty good deals on RCS on the swap n shop. I've got a few right now but I'm still trying to get my population up. My scarlet badis are making that a bit difficult.

If you end up wanting to place an order you'll want to do it sooner rather than later. I had my first shipment of RCS arrive to me in one of the major snowstorms last winter but it would have been much less stressful (on the shrimp and myself) if I had timed it better.

Welcome to the fresh side of the hobby (I'm looking to go salty possibly this winter).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikon Pimp Club #39
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I was going to order some plants but they had what I needed in the store. I only need one female cherry so ordering online just doesn't make sense. They never order them at The Fish Place but a couple of customers constantly trade them in. I guess I'll just have to wait. Awesome that you have Dario dario. I plan on getting some in a bigger tank someday.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Planted Member

If located in or near Buffalo - You know about the Fish Auction that takes place every so often.

The next auction is November 13th in Boston, NY (At the fire hall). From the 90 - 219 get off the Hamburg exit (Presuming you are coming from Buffalo)

It seems to go all day - however I tend to arrive at 3. It is unpredictable in what you will see, but something may go for $20 at one point, then the same product/fish will go for $3 later on...pretty fun - lots of random unique things...some common everyday items for cheap - lots of nerdy people to pick on :-)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Do you see things like rimless tanks, canister filters, and co2 equipment?

Got two handfulls of aquatic plants free of charge if anyone wants to pick it up.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
just wanted to say originally from western NY and Go Sabres

"Hungry dog will eat anything, Eat that vomit dog!"
-Run Ronnie Run

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Do you see things like rimless tanks, canister filters, and co2 equipment?

Got two handfulls of aquatic plants free of charge if anyone wants to pick it up.

Sorry about the delay, the Auction was awesome! Yes, there are literally 10+ Lunch tables crammed with stuff, everything and anything.

There is a Local Club, meets on Abbott road in Lackawanna on 3rd Tuesday of every month. $10 for the year, mini auctions and what not.

I dont believe they MAKE you join, but allow guests, and would perhaps be a good place to consummate trades with people.

Does anyone breed RCS in the Buffalo area? Profitable at all for you?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode