Brooklyn Hardscape in Bushwick - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Brooklyn Hardscape in Bushwick

Has anyone ever ordered stones from them?

They have an address on their website, but seems they only meet with clients who want their services but it's not a retail shop.

Just curious about the quality of their random package of stones they send when ordering from them..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Hey i bought a bunch of seriyu from Brooklyn hardscape. Itís quality! Right now itís by appointment only while they finishing setting up the shop. He has seriyu, dragon and Icelandic lava stone( which is different from regular black lava you get anywhere else). I highly recommend it. Contact Kevin, hes a great guy and very knowledgeable , he sets up scapes for a living. They also do monthly meet ups/hang outs at the shops and often accompany deals in various hardscape or supplies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 11:29 AM
Wannabe Guru

Oh and he doesnít ship hardscape right own you have to go and pick it up. But I believe he ships other supplies.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Oh nice! Thanks for the tips. Just wanted to know if it was worth making the trip down there...

Thanks again!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by moogoo View Post
Oh nice! Thanks for the tips. Just wanted to know if it was worth making the trip down there...

Thanks again!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 06:40 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:

They have an address on their website, but seems they only meet with clients who want their services but it's not a retail shop.

Just curious about the quality of their random package of stones they send when ordering from them..
Hey Moogoo,
Kevin the owner at Brooklyn Hardscape here. Because our location isn't a retail location, it's in a converted warehouse, I'm a one man show, I'm gone on maintenance, traveling, and installs often, I just ask visitors to make an appointment when they're stopping by. I love visitors! I want to be there for you. I'm very flexible about times and doing special orders.
We have a monthly open house to encourage local scapers to get to know each other, do trades of equipment and plants, or just hang out.
I hope to see you sometime and email anytime if you have any questions.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 08:23 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:

Im not sure tried to order co2 art reg from them on a xmas deal but the website did seem to work for me ?

Bump:
Quote:

Im not sure tried to order co2 art reg from them on a xmas deal but the website did seem to work for me ?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

@Rossfett - hey! thanks for replying. that's great. I'm not looking to pick up any thing right now but I will be in the future and have been looking around for the best places to go shopping. If i ever do plan a trip down your way I will let you know and maybe I can stop by and take a look around, meet you and anyone else who may be there hanging out. It's great to know there's a dedicated planted tank shop in NYC.. most kind of do it as a side gig. I'm not sure if you plan to open a retail shop, but hopefully you do. I think there would be lots of new yorkers who would appreciate having a shop dedicated to planted tanks.

@sick1166 - sounds like you just need to contact them or Rossfett and get it taken care of.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 09:33 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
@Rossfett - hey! thanks for replying. that's great. I'm not looking to pick up any thing right now but I will be in the future and have been looking around for the best places to go shopping. If i ever do plan a trip down your way I will let you know and maybe I can stop by and take a look around, meet you and anyone else who may be there hanging out. It's great to know there's a dedicated planted tank shop in NYC.. most kind of do it as a side gig. I'm not sure if you plan to open a retail shop, but hopefully you do. I think there would be lots of new yorkers who would appreciate having a shop dedicated to planted tanks.

@sick1166 - sounds like you just need to contact them or Rossfett and get it taken care of.

Hey thanks for the info definitely ready for some co2 Ill call them
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 08:32 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
We're having a hard time keeping the CO2Art rigs in stock. They sell out as soon as we get them in. Being they ship from Germany it takes a bit to restock. We actually just put in a new order today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode