Looking for Apisto. Cacatuoides - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looking for Apisto. Cacatuoides

Does anyone know a place that sells Apisto Cacatuoides, preferably the triple red, on Long Island? Or any local breeders.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadwaters View Post
Does anyone know a place that sells Apisto Cacatuoides, preferably the triple red, on Long Island? Or any local breeders.
Thanks

Caribbean Blue out in Bayshore has a super expensive "pair" of 'cockatdoides' (you'd think they would learn the proper spelling of these things by now!). I cant remember now if the tank that had that label was empty; or if they had what seemed like a really drab looking apisto in there.

Rich's Fishes
Curator of an ever growing fishroom that currently houses 30 different tanks. Most full of at least water....some even have fish!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for that. I actually bought a “pair” there and didn’t have good results. Ended up losing 2 out of 3 fish. Expensive lesson.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadwaters View Post
Thanks for that. I actually bought a “pair” there and didn’t have good results. Ended up losing 2 out of 3 fish. Expensive lesson.
Yeah I'm not sure why they price apistos so high there. For the most part I like the store and more often than not find healthy stock there but its hit and miss like most places. South Shore Tropicals in Lindenhurst has a much smaller selection but I've seen an apisto in there once or twice. Might want to give them a call to see if they have or if they can order for you. I'd also try calling Pets Warehouse....dont see apistos there often but I'm sure any of their stores could order for you.

Rich's Fishes
Curator of an ever growing fishroom that currently houses 30 different tanks. Most full of at least water....some even have fish!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 03:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Not sure if you're willing to do mailorder or take a bit of a road trip, but I got a pair of apisto cacatuoides orange flash from this place in York, PA. I believe they are still in business but I can't seem to find their website. Their old one is no longer up. They have a facebook page, so maybe you can try contacting them through that to see what they have in stock? Their prices were pretty reasonable though I can't recall what I paid. They welcome people to come to their "shop" which is basically their basement if you wanted to make a trip to York, PA. But otherwise, they do ship fish.

They breed all sorts of amazon fish, so maybe they've got the species you're looking for. good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...5551436862289/

EDIT: just looked at that facebook page and in their most recent post, they have listed "Apistogramma Triple Red Cac", which is what you're looking for. so give them a message or call and hopefully you can work something out.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 04:44 AM
Algae Grower

Fish Hut in NJ gets them regularly.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)
I was talking to a fish guy (I don't know if he's the manager) at Petco in Wantagh about two weeks ago and he said that he was trying to get some in. He referred to them as Peacock Apisto's. You could try calling Petco. I've had pretty good luck with the fish I've bought at this particular store.

Have you succumbed to the pleasure of Multiple Tank Syndrome? I feel your pain!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 12:53 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Stopped by Aquarium Village in Westbury a few months ago and they had triple reds. I believe they were $13 a fish, so about half price of what Caribbean Blue sells.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. Will update when/where I get the fish.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode