NYC: Free Cuttings, and Cobra Endlers Hyb. if anyone wants them - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
NYC: Free Cuttings, and Cobra Endlers Hyb. if anyone wants them

My tank is always a jungle, but it's getting to the point where I think the tank is more plant than water. I figured there was a chance somebody may want cuttings to experiment with/grow out. I'm offering them here until the 19th. If I get no takers by then, they will become a turtle buffet. Be fore-warned, my tank has snails I kinda like the little guys, so I've never tried to get rid of them.

I can't tell you exactly what you will get, since I don't plan to cut anything until someone shows interest. I will take requests to cut more of a particular thing, if it's something someone is looking for. Nothing I have is super expensive, I'm afraid. Cuttings will probably be 4-6" sections of most things. I'm a novice aquatic grower, so I don't feel comfortable guaranteeing the health of the plants, though most have been growing well for a year or so.

I'll give away the plants as a bundle and the fish either with them or separate. First come, first serve ^^

Gauranteed Plants:
  • Ludwigia Repens
  • Ludwigia arcuata
  • Blixia japonica (this plant hates me, so it's just a single, stringy pathetic plant)
  • Hornwort (Ceratophilium sp.)
  • Mayaca fluvitalis
  • American Frogbit (2 young Plantlets off the parent. These become huge water lillies)
  • Duckweed (probably Lemma minor)
  • Bacopa monnieri
  • Bacopa carolinianum (used to emersed culture because it is growing out of the top of the tank ><)

Probable (can definitely give, upon request):
  • Cambomba carolinianum
  • Myriophyllum pinnatum (green)
  • Red root floater
  • Guppy grass

Can give only tiny amounts, upon request:
  • Proserpinaca palustris (I can spare a single small stem, it is habituated to submersed culture, at least. I only have 2 stems, total)
  • Chain sword and/or Saggitarria subulatta
  • Some assorted crypts
  • Tiny rhizomes of Bolbitis heteroclita or assorted Buces
  • Amazon Sword ( I have two, and don't mind giving up one, if others want it, but it's not a priority to thin them for me.)

I also have many, many plants that would be suitable for a riparium/paludarium. (I have over 70 land plants, like a crazy person). If you would like any, please ask, and I'll tell you what I have that may fit your needs.

The endlers hybrids are having minor aggression issues with their other tank mates. It's a trio of 1 male, 2 females. I'd prefer to give them to someone who will take care of them, instead of leaving them at a fish store, if anyone will take them. I can post photos if anyone wants to see the pattern on the male.

I live in the southern part of Brooklyn and don't have a car, so I prefer meeting in the Lower parts of Brooklyn or most of Manhattan. I'm sorry, but I've never shipped, and don't really feel it is "worth" the cost of shipping for either me or you, since I can't guarantee the plants' health. Anyway, thanks for reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 11:32 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
Awesome stuff, OP. :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
20 Gallon jungle tank

RAOK CLUB #0
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Alrighty everyone! I got a taker. Thank you for the interest!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 02:55 PM
Algae Grower

Do you have a taker for all the cuttings? I'm definitely interested in trying them out in my tanks. Let me know if anything is still available
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Sorry, everything is gone!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode