Assassin Snails - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Assassin Snails

Does anybody know where I can get some Assassin snails???? My snail issue is borderline out of control! I can't use loaches because of my breeding RCS! Help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
I'd be interested in this as well.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
+1, but I am in canada

Fluval PEEEEMP #9
Fluval 205
2xAC30 + AC MINI (it's Hagen; close enough!)
EHEIM 2215
CO2 stuff c/o REX

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/96%)
I haven't seen any locally (not that I can remember) but you can get them off the SnS on here.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)
ZOO-RAMA AQUARIUM
2574 East Tremont Avenue
Bronx, NY,10461
718-430-1992

I was there 2 weeks ago,I'm going to be stopping by tomarrow and picking some up myself.Beautiful little shop,my favorite so far in nyc.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9am53 View Post
+1, but I am in canada
9am53, where in Canada are you? The Big Al's here in Calgary usually has them, so I would imagine most locations will have similar stock. I have seen them quite often even at the local Petland locations, so just inquire at the stores you purchase from and they might have them or be able to order for you.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 03:39 AM
TÝrŰd ─▀ˇűt ╦σ R╔├ÝrŰ.

PTrader: (362/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyofWisdom View Post
Does anybody know where I can get some Assassin snails???? My snail issue is borderline out of control! I can't use loaches because of my breeding RCS! Help!!!
" ZID ZULANDER " ----->>Shoot Mark Pm' he has some hungry Assassins.....$2.50 each and $7 shipping, If you don't wanna go to Bronx.

Cheers!!!
¬J
"The future's uncertain, and the end is always near."

Last edited by JoraaĐ; 03-16-2010 at 03:46 AM. Reason: typo
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (12/100%)
It might be a hike for you all but this place has them....and they stock many plants. Overpriced but they do have a large selection. http://aquariumadventure.com/

Store Location
177 Glen Cove Rd.
Carle Place, NY 11514
Phone: (516) 294-9699
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Toro View Post
It might be a hike for you all but this place has them....and they stock many plants. Overpriced but they do have a large selection. http://aquariumadventure.com/
They certainly are WAY expensive and their 25% discount if you're a club member is complete BS since all of their fish/plants/products are marked up that 25% and then some. You have no choice but to pay for the club membership or else you'll get completely hosed as far as price goes.

They had at least 50 assassin snails on Friday so I bought 5. I had to go back yesterday (Tuesday) to exchange one shell which was empty and saw that there were only about 8 left. $4.50 each with the membership.

65g planted tank - 200W heat - PC 192W/6700K - Eheim 2217 - Pressurized CO2 - EI Dosing
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (12/100%)
they have been keeping them in stock lately. I have seen them there for quite some time. They did have red crystal shrimp for 9.94 with membership. I bought the last five they had. Unfortunatley I haven't had luck keeping them. There are only two left. My water conditions are where they need to be (ph,temp, amm). I just bought a kit to test water hardness that is the only thing I have not been testing. I do water chages at least every three weeks. I read that weekly is best but after one of my water changes is when I noticed one die. I even had problems keeping the cherry shrimp alive. I had purchased at least 20 and have none left. I probably should have taken that as a warning not to try the red crystal but i have neverseen them in a store before and they looked like good quality.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Shaking my head....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzi View Post
They certainly are WAY expensive and their 25% discount if you're a club member is complete BS since all of their fish/plants/products are marked up that 25% and then some. You have no choice but to pay for the club membership or else you'll get completely hosed as far as price goes.

They had at least 50 assassin snails on Friday so I bought 5. I had to go back yesterday (Tuesday) to exchange one shell which was empty and saw that there were only about 8 left. $4.50 each with the membership.
See now I'm hostile , I've been on the waiting list at aquarium adventures for the past 2 weeks and I haven't heard from them. It seems like 1 out of 5 times I go there it is some issue....smh

If I have time before the week is up I might head up to the BX. I'm going on vacation next week for 3 weeks and it would be a nice surprise to find my snail problem eliminated!!!

Thanks everybody for your help!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode