The Planted Tank Forum banner

New Mexico Tambien

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Aquatic Delight 
#1 ·
Hey all,
Just joined the forum myself and thought I'd post my hello in the NM slot. I'm a Santa Fean, an ex-NYorker, and I keep freshwater planted tanks.

NM is hard place to be a aquarist bc there are so few of us here and there are NO LFS's, but I do love picking up equipment off of craigslist around here... since there's no buying market whenever someone does sell its usually a great discount and a lot of stuff. I just got two tanks, hood light setups for each and a whole bunch of condintioner, food, gravel, heaters, etc. for $30.

fauna: I keep blue pearl shrimp, otos, and a betta. Just had to shoot a golden algae eater in the back of the head for getting to big and rough with my plants.

Flora: java moss, christmas moss, HC, a dying anubia, Peace Lilies, Madagascar Lace Plant, Bacopa, Red Ludwig, and some banana plants.

Howdy!

#4 ·
Oh, totally didn't see these posts!
I bought about 20 shrimp online (aquabid), and will probably post some up on the internet when I get to my third generation and have enough of a colony going.

I shouldn't say there are NO LFS, just Jurassic Pets, Petsmart, and Petco to go off of... Gomer, your tanks look amazing. I have some repens, but you have a bushel!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.