The Planted Tank Forum banner

Albuquerque

16K views 162 replies 14 participants last post by  skywhitney 
#1 ·
Wish we had a decent LFS here... Clark's is pure garbage, and their plants carry all kinds of nasty stuff and the only other decent shop is a reef only shop. :icon_frow very disappointing but at least we have an awesome site like this to keep the hobby alive here in alb!

If there is anyone else here in Albuquerque we should try to meet up sometime and talk tanks!

#31 ·
I am from ABQ as well, would love to meet up. Their just doesn't seem to be much interest in aquariums in this town. I agree the fish stores are pathetic, occasionally Clarks at least have some knowledgeable people and their fish look healthy, I would pay more for that but not 3X more for that. If anyone is looking for some shrimp I can hook you up with some nice ones on the cheap (well maybe in a month or two, just sold off most of my excess).

#33 ·
I was thinking either down by the river or even up in the foothills there are some nice dead weathered pieces that could be used. Really depends on what we find if we look in other locations.

I have some Rotala thats going crazy right now and i'm expecting some new plants by the end of the week as well.

#37 ·
Well it might have to happen sooner than i thought. Grr.

Canister lid cracked, CO2 reactor sprung a leak, and i wasted 3/4 of my CO2 due to another unknown leak. It's been a fun night.

#38 ·
Weeping Moss from Tucson

Here are a couple of pics of the Weeping moss I picked up in Tucson a few weeks ago. The diffuser grid is probably 3" X 6" to give a perspective of size. The fronds are about 1 to 1 1/2" long and so far they seem to be growing very welld. Low light durable plants they say. This was 4 bunches in all.

Attachments

#40 ·
Here are a couple of pics of the Weeping moss I picked up in Tucson a few weeks ago. The diffuser grid is probably 3" X 6" to give a perspective of size. The fronds are about 1 to 1 1/2" long and so far they seem to be growing very welld. Low light durable plants they say. This was 4 bunches in all.
Looks good! I would be interested in some for my driftwood once you have enough.

#42 ·
Anyone dknow where they sell clear PVC in town?

Also, were we planning on trying to meet this month still?

I would say your best bet locally if Lowes and home depot don't carry it, is Granger supply off of osuna. They usually carry stuff that most places don't and if they don't have it they can usually order it for you.

Yeah I'm still up for meeting up if everyone else is. I'm sure garlic is up for it if he's not out of town. I haven't really heard from any other people on this thread though.

#45 ·
Awesome! We'd love to have you join us! :) I'm always down for getting away from Albuquerque lol

as far as dates, June 23/24 would work the best for me. How about you guys

3 people good to meet, we need more!! :)

#49 ·
sure, you want to send the PM's Mr. Desert? Feel free to bring your Non-fish-obsessed-husband, we'll see if we can convert him :) my non-fish-obsessed-wife opted to not attend lol. I'll see if i can get a few other people that aren't on the forum either to attend.

#50 ·
I don't think it would hurt. I feel like they possibly don't keep track of the thread as close as we do. I can send them out once I get to a comp. I might try and get my non-fish obsessed girlfriend to come as well. I've been trying to convert her for a pretty good while now. Haha needless to say only little conversion has been made. Haha. :)

Sounds good to me! I'm open to anyone coming.

#52 ·
I'm a fan of Starbucks so i'd recommend maybe the one on San Mateo and I-25, but this is only a suggestion :). The time depends on the day, if we do Saturday then i can do pretty much any time but if its Sunday it will have to be in the afternoon (after 3pm)

#61 ·
It looks like I may be in town for this!!! So.... Starbucks, San Mateo and I-25 Saturday June 23 2 to 3 PM.
I work in the area and will have to confirm this location (can't remember where it is, CRS* thing going on), sounds great to me, My better half will most likely be working, if not she will be along as well.
Will some one PM all for for this get together, please.
Thanks
Bill

*CRS* Can't Remember S*@T...

:bounce:

#62 ·
awesome! Great to hear you might be able to make it!! PMs will definitely be sent out that contains all the info. I think I can say we're all pretty excited about meeting up. I know I am :)

5 or 6 now!!! Come on guys, let's see if we can get 10!

#64 ·
Looks likei'm making a trip to Clark's tomorrow. I need a couple more small pieces. Thanks for the heads up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.