Looking for driftwood/Plants - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
Looking for driftwood/Plants

I'm in Somerset County. Does anyone know any LFS that have good selections of driftwood? Looking to change some things in my tank and want a couple nice focal pieces.

On a semi-related note, does anyone near me have Limnophila Aromatica they can part with? Looking for a few stems.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 08:32 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
Hidden reef in Levittown has best selection of driftwood around in my opinion.

If in doubt, add more plants!

My not-enough-plants-but-not-enough-space-to-put-anymore-so-will-start-going-up-box-of-water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy View Post
Hidden reef in Levittown has best selection of driftwood around in my opinion.
I've never been, but if it's a good selection I'll make the drive. What kinds do they have and it's usually a good amount?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

About three of four aisles of driftwood on the tops of the rack system and the bottom, each aisle about 8 ft long....a lot, manzanita, grape, spider, mopani, oak, roots. 6 ft pieces to 10". I spend too long there when I do go.
As usual when a store gets really big the livestock the care suffers. While I feel they are better then some in terms of how they treat their fish, it could be better, but it could be much worse.

My not-enough-plants-but-not-enough-space-to-put-anymore-so-will-start-going-up-box-of-water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Awesome. I'm definitely going to check it out for the wood then before I buy from eBay. I really prefer hands on for wood. Too tough to picture photos of wood in your tank online.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 03:40 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Went there today. Picked up two Rams who will spend a lengthy time in qt. they still have a lot of wood like I remember but their fish care is in sad shape. As tempting as it looks from afar do yourself a favor and just avoid the fish area. The sheer number of dead and or diseased fish left to rot in tanks really is just sad.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 04:20 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Went there today. Picked up two Rams who will spend a lengthy time in qt. they still have a lot of wood like I remember but their fish care is in sad shape. As tempting as it looks from afar do yourself a favor and just avoid the fish area. The sheer number of dead and or diseased fish left to rot in tanks really is just sad.

This guy has the best rams hands down.

germanbluerams.com

his name is Yunite
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caique View Post
This guy has the best rams hands down.

germanbluerams.com

his name is Yunite
Thanks. I have seen them listed but I already have two gbrs, I am wanting to add a few ebrs and golden blue Rams which he doesn't have

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Thanks for updating! I'm going to take a ride there sunday I think. I may or may not buy wood. I ended up buying a 8 piece bulk order of wood from substratesource.com. Really liked the way it looked. Below is the shot of how they arranged it. I'm sure I'll do something similar.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Just goes to show a bunch of smaller ordinary pieces can make something extraordinary.
I have a hard time paying for driftwood. With the Delaware so close and so many lakes around surrounded with oak trees a quick trip usually ends with cool discoveries.
Wait until heavy rainstorms, or during a drought and walk the shore of the Delaware and you will find anything you could ever want.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 02:57 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
If you're looking for driftwood, check out this webpage or visit the store i work at, Ironbound Pet Shop, in Newark NJ. The webpage is just to display our pieces of Malaysian Driftwood. We are getting smaller pieces this Thursday and we ship the same day if you order before 2, or the day after purchase. Shipping is between 5 and 25 dollars depending on the size and don't forget that the wood in the picture is what you will get!

www.malaysiandriftwood.weebly.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode