new member - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Just want to say hi to everyone. My name is kohl and im fairly new to the hobby. I started like many did by buying a tank with minimal knowledge and learning as time went on ( i was keen enough to do a fishless cycle though... Over a month of having an empty tank haha ) in the start had the common petco accesories but have learned enough to acquire some better equipment... Make wiser fish buying decisions... And have a what i would call ... Decision to make a more adult tank ( not so busy and bright but now subdued with driftwood and manzanita. ) basically i just want to learn and progress further with this hobby. Butyet i do not want to make hasty decisions. Aka buying equipment for plans beyond my knowledge at this point. But my future plans include planting my tank and getting better lighting andpossibly a co2 system. Currently an owner of a 36 gallon bowfront and a 29 gallon tank both freshwater. I hope to learn alot from this forum and im sure i will ( hopefully i may even learn better punctuation as well...i apologize in advance for this )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
Welcome to the hobby and this site. have a read at the hundreds of useful threads here.

Enjoy!
AC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I am Groot", the faithful protector
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
Welcome! We all did certainly start somewhere and technology for the common tank have come a long way but the basics remain the same like cycling the tank, although methods vary. Gathering information has been made easier by forums and communities like these but you will still have to walk your path.

You already have multi-tank syndrome which many of us do... so welcome to the ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (71/100%)
WELCOME!!!! Glad you joined! As Jay said it. You will develop multi-tank syndrome.

Can't wait to see pictures of what you have :-)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (28/100%)
Hello and welcome to TPT!

There is so much information here that I learn something just about everyday, and if I didn't learn anything that's probably because I just didn't read enough. My suggestion for you getting into the hobby is this, decide how much work you want to put into the tank, do you simply want an aquarium to oggle or are you lookin for a hobby? If you want something to oggle and not have to put much work into it I would suggest going with a low tech setup. But if you are looking for a hobby jump in and start with a high-tech setup. Co2 and good quality dry fertilizers are the best money spent on any of the aquarium stuff I've bought in the past.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
At first i was just after something nice to look at and maintain... But the more i read the more interesting it all became. I would in the future love to plant somewhat the 36gallon bow and eventually invest in a co2 sysyem soon after. But the amount of information regarding plants and co2 and substrate is overwhelming. I would like to stick with the sand i currently have in the tank though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode