Fishtown USA (Ramsey NJ) - The Planted Tank Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
Fishtown USA (Ramsey NJ)

Just wanted to write up a quick little blurb about IMHO is a nice fish store on the North East NJ/ NY border.

Fishtown USA
735 Route 17 South,
Ramsey, NJ 07446
(201) 825-3775

M-F 12 – 9
Sat 11 – 9
Sun 12 – 6

If you haven’t been there in the last few months, you have to stop by. They now have 4 display tanks with Aqual Soil, and some really beautiful, and algae free plants. Also they are selling some ADA products. If you haven’t been here in the last couple years you might not recognize some of their display tanks now. They also seem to have some of the best prices on Japonica shrimp in the area.
Orohahn likes this.

Walter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or my
Proud former member of:

--May the floor under your tank always be dry, and your glass clear!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
I got to check this out, if their plants are great as you said. BTW how are their prices??

55G Planted Freshwater
4-Blood Parrot,5-Spotted & 2-Albino Cory,
8-Ottos,3-SAE
A.Sword,J.Fern,A.Nana,Vals,B.Pennyworth,R.Ludwigia ,R.Indica,Flame&JavaMoss,Bacopa
Emperor 400,Filstar XP3,200W Heater,Rena 400 Pump
Coralife 4-65W 6700K ,Tubo Twist 9W UV
5LB Pressurized CO2 System w/ SMS122 PH Controller
FILSTAR PIMP #104
post #3 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I've seen more expensive, and I've seen cheaper. But...what I have seen cheaper didn't look this good.

Walter

and
or my
Proud former member of:

post #4 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 01:34 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
I stopped by Fishtown USA today. Great prices! I picked up some Japonica shrimp, 2/$5.00 and some Riccia Fluitans, $3.99 for a nice 2 square inch matt. All his plants look good and he has a pretty good selection.

Tommy
post #5 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
I was just up there today.

The shop has a nice selection of plants. The shop owner is a pretty friendly guy who is willing to order whatever you are looking for.

I believe Aqua Botanic is one of his suppliers, and they are always on the look out for plant sources. I am hoping we will be able to bring in clippings for store credit at some point. That would make this a really great stop.

Their fish are good. I'd like to see more small schoolers, but I am sure if I asked, he'd get them for me.

A nice place I should visit more often.

Mike

BTW....The shop is closed on Wednesdays during the spring, summer and fall. If you plan on going on a Wednesday, call first.
post #6 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
Their fish are good. I'd like to see more small schoolers, but I am sure if I asked, he'd get them for me.
lol, Mike that could be because I bought all the rummey nose (12) out of the 125 display tank in the front on Friday (he received none that week). For some reason he keeps a lot of his schoolers, and shoalers in that 125 which is unplanted (easier to catch), and in front of the catfish pond.

BTW, I drip acclimated for about an hour, and only lost 1 fish.

Walter

and
or my
Proud former member of:

post #7 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (24/100%)
i will be going to jersey city monday i will be looking for this place.
post #8 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Send a message via MSN to jhoetzl
Well, Ramsey is a bit of a ride from Jersey City - be sure to have a look on Mapquest or google maps/earth.

post #9 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (24/100%)
well im coming from ohio so its about 40 mins before i hit jersey city which is cool.
post #10 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Planted Member

there is a Fishtown USA near me here in Queens. They have a great selection of plants and fish. Love the place.

Also they are selling some ADA products.

What types of ADA products is your Fishtown carrying?

Dan

20 Gallon High
A H 55 Watt 6700 k Bulb
EHEIM 2215
50 Watt Heater
Hagen ladder - DIY 2 liter
Eco complete(2 bag)

post #11 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
He is one of my best customers, and I turned him on to ADA products from Aqua Forest, who is also a customer of mine.

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional
post #12 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Planted Member

Who is "HE" ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert H View Post
He is one of my best customers, and I turned him on to ADA products from Aqua Forest, who is also a customer of mine.

20 Gallon High
A H 55 Watt 6700 k Bulb
EHEIM 2215
50 Watt Heater
Eco complete(2 bag)

post #13 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Wannabe Guru

I just did a minor rescape (added another bag of Flourite and a nice lump of driftwood to create a little raised area on the right side of the tank) and I eliminated a BIG Anubias Coffefolia. I now have about 1 square foot of open substrate space to fill. I'm gonna go up there today. I hope he's got some decent sized Cherris. I'm about ready to move my small ones into the 58.

Tommy

><;;;"> <9))>>{

Eheim Pimp #204.
58 gal planted Oceanic
Red Turquiose Discus, Japonica shrimp, assorted Blue Eyed Rainbows, Tetras, Hatchets, Danios, Rasboras
10 gal low tech planted Celestial Pearl Danio (Celestichthys margaritatus) & Emerald Dwarf Rasbora (Microrasbora erythromicron)
post #14 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds11375 View Post
there is a Fishtown USA near me here in Queens. They have a great selection of plants and fish. Love the place.
Also they are selling some ADA product.
What types of ADA products is your Fishtown carrying?

Dan
Dan, The ADA products I saw were the aqua soil, power sand, and some ferts behind the counter, and a few other items. No intakes, or CO2 diffusors.

They could have had more, but I was in a rush to get back to the van with my wife, and cranky 2 year old.

livebearer: If you have time, you may also want to check out some of the places on 22. I think they would be closer to how you coming in (route 80) and to where you are going.

HTH
Walter

Walter

and
or my
Proud former member of:

post #15 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 01:10 PM
Planted Member

Tks for the Info. I wonder if the two shops are owned by the same person/company. This is a link to my local Fishtwon.

FishTown USA

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazcrash69 View Post
Dan, The ADA products I saw were the aqua soil, power sand, and some ferts behind the counter, and a few other items. No intakes, or CO2 diffusors.

They could have had more, but I was in a rush to get back to the van with my wife, and cranky 2 year old.

livebearer: If you have time, you may also want to check out some of the places on 22. I think they would be closer to how you coming in (route 80) and to where you are going.

HTH
Walter

20 Gallon High
A H 55 Watt 6700 k Bulb
EHEIM 2215
50 Watt Heater
Eco complete(2 bag)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode