Fishtown USA (Ramsey NJ) - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
Hey Dan, When I spoke with the guy in Ramsey, he said they weren't.

Walter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or my
Proud former member of:

--May the floor under your tank always be dry, and your glass clear!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (24/100%)
tazcrash69

hey give me the names of a few pet stores on route 80 if you can, my hubby said he want to check them out.
post #18 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 03:17 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
Quote:
Who is "HE" ??
"He" is Fishtown USA in New Jersey, Evan. Is n't that who we are talking about? The one in New York and the one in New Jersey are not owned by the same person and are totally independent of each other. At one time they were connected. That is what Evan told me. He buys a ton of plants from me, my C02 diffusors, my fertilizers, and my CDs. He is one of my best dealers. Most of his plants come from me.

Robert Paul Hudson

Kindness like love is unconditional

post #19 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
hey give me the names of a few pet stores on route 80 if you can, my hubby said he want to check them out.
There is absolutely nothing on Route 80. 80 is pure highway.

Exactly when are you going to be in the area and for how long?

Mike
post #20 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

i am in jersey city staying at a hotel but i have a 1 day lab class in new york tomorrow the 5th then im leaving to go back to cleveland,why whats up?

also; i went TO FISH TOWN USA this place is wonderful the owners are very helpful and easy going. i got a good deal on some nice amano shrimp. i also bought some nice plants from them too. my hubby got some coral fragments i believe from them, all of their prices were very reasonible, i am very happy with my purchase thanks fishtown!
post #21 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 04:27 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
I got a real nice bunch of Eusterellis Stellata (sp?) and 2 decent sized Cherries. I also got a nice little pair of Furcata rainbows, but the female didn't make it through the night. No signs of anything until I got home. She was kind of listless in my hospital/quarrantine tank, but was a goner in the morning with an obvious hole in the belly. Must be a parasite. Good thing I have the h/q tank. I guess I'll be going back tomorrow after work. It seems to me like he'll make good on a $2.50 fish.

Tommy

><;;;"> <9))>>{

Eheim Pimp #204.
58 gal planted Oceanic
Red Turquiose Discus, Japonica shrimp, assorted Blue Eyed Rainbows, Tetras, Hatchets, Danios, Rasboras
10 gal low tech planted Celestial Pearl Danio (Celestichthys margaritatus) & Emerald Dwarf Rasbora (Microrasbora erythromicron)
post #22 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

i was just about to ask do they have any gaurentee(spelling wrong) i got 10 amanos for 20.00 bucks and they are all dead this morning i am soooooo upset about it i hope they do i'll call them today and see .
post #23 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Sorry I was a bit preoccupied all weekend long livebearer.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the aquarium places along route 22 which would have been easier to get to from I-80, and Jersey City.

I'm sorry to hear about your Japonica Shrimp. I don't know what FT's return/refund policy is (knocks wood, never needed it), but I hope it all works out.

Walter

Walter

and
or my
Proud former member of:

post #24 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Update- Evan looked at the deceased Furcata and came to the conclusion that it wasn't any type of parasite. He told me that the Rainbows can be delicate. I have never had any problems with any Rainbows before so I had no idea they were. He concluded it was probably shipping shock and the visible damage was just a coincindence. It makes sense to me. Anyway, he happily replaced the fish as I thought he would. I also got a really nice Crinum (sp?) that'll look great in a particular little bare spot in th tank.

I didn't realize how my previous post sounded and would like to offer a sincere and wholehearted apology to Evan and the staff at Fishtown USA. I had no ill feelings and in no way meant to infer there was any concern with the quality of his livestock. I am generally very picky about where I purchase livestock and I will continue to do business there.

Tommy

><;;;"> <9))>>{

Eheim Pimp #204.
58 gal planted Oceanic
Red Turquiose Discus, Japonica shrimp, assorted Blue Eyed Rainbows, Tetras, Hatchets, Danios, Rasboras
10 gal low tech planted Celestial Pearl Danio (Celestichthys margaritatus) & Emerald Dwarf Rasbora (Microrasbora erythromicron)
post #25 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

fish town usa

these guys at fishtown are just wonderful, on my way back home to cleveland i stopped by to tell them about my poor poor amanos that didnt make it and these wonderful people replaced everyone of them for me . these amanos are huge to me i thought they were gonna be about 1 1/2 in these guys mush be pushing 2in to 2 1/2 in long, any how one of them had about 20 eggs on her that hatched over night so i now have a experiment on hand. good thing my hubby has a saltwater tank. needless to say fishtown we made it home all is well with the shrimp/plants/and corals we bought. thanks so much for all your help.
post #26 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 02:14 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)
Im soo excited, im going there tomm. i hope i wont be disappointed. Im planning to buy some plants & maybe 3-4 cory's. Does anybody knows if they accept trade in? I want to trade my SAE w/c always bothering my cory's whenever its feeding time, im just scared that the SAE may someday kill my cory's .

55G Planted Freshwater
4-Blood Parrot,5-Spotted & 2-Albino Cory,
8-Ottos,3-SAE
A.Sword,J.Fern,A.Nana,Vals,B.Pennyworth,R.Ludwigia ,R.Indica,Flame&JavaMoss,Bacopa
Emperor 400,Filstar XP3,200W Heater,Rena 400 Pump
Coralife 4-65W 6700K ,Tubo Twist 9W UV
5LB Pressurized CO2 System w/ SMS122 PH Controller
FILSTAR PIMP #104
post #27 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

UPDATE: went there today, it wasn't that impressive in my opinion. Plant selection was just ok. Fish selection wasn't that much either, but did buy 3 Corys (3for$10) & 6 Otos (3for$5). Good prices on the fishes but would wish they would have more selection (no rams & SAE) & ditto the plant selection.

55G Planted Freshwater
8-Ottos,3-SAE
A.Sword,J.Fern,A.Nana,Vals,B.Pennyworth,R.Ludwigia ,R.Indica,Flame&JavaMoss,Bacopa
FILSTAR PIMP #104
post #28 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 01:32 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
Plant selection was just ok.
Who would you say carries a better selection? Fish Town is pretty consistent with what they carry, and they are usually well stocked.

Mike
post #29 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Most of the plants i saw when i went there were mostly covered w/ algae & some w/ brown leaves on them. I know their price are great but didn't find a plant that i like. This is just my opinion.

55G Planted Freshwater
8-Ottos,3-SAE
FILSTAR PIMP #104
post #30 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Wow, It's been 2 weeks since I've been there, but I haven't seen any algae in any of their 4 their good plant tanks.

I'll have to go back and see.

Walter

and
or my
Proud former member of:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode