In Living Color - New LFS in Marlton NJ - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (7/100%)
In Living Color - New LFS in Marlton NJ

This place looks like it has a lot of promise. There are 614 tanks. It's focus is marine but with 614 tanks there's going to be plenty of freshwater livestock also.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/...aquariums.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 07:12 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Shay have you been there yet.I went by it before it open and got a look inside but wasn't allowed in.I was wondering how it turned out.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Nope. I haven't been by yet. I plan on going soon though. Maybe Sunday if it's opened.

I just noticed th link wasn't working. I'll try this again.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/...aquariums.html

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (105/100%)
those people on that forum are freaks!!!!

I've never seen anybody so excited about a new petstore
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyScape
those people on that forum are freaks!!!!

I've never seen anybody so excited about a new petstore
Do you think they might say the same about people who grow freshwater plants, and inject CO2 into their water (gasp!)?

Walter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or my
Proud former member of:

--May the floor under your tank always be dry, and your glass clear!!!
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 01:45 AM

I think I might take a ride over there Thursday after work ,I'll let you know if its worth the hype.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 02:59 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Cool, let us know if they have alot of freshwater stuff.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 11:54 AM

Will do
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Phillyman stopped by the other day. Here's what he had to say...

"I made to In Living Color today. Very impressive store. Front room has a family room atmosphere to it with a limited amount of dry goods on display, mostly tanks full of corals with chairs or sofas in front of them. They have these two coral tanks that sit on tables. The water is pushed up and out of the tank from the center. The water then spills over the entire edge of the tank and collects in a gutter system which feeds it below the table to the filter system. Really nice. The upstairs of the store is almost entirely devoted to salt water fish and corals. Alot of fish and corals. The downstairs is almost entirely fresh water with a very good stocking of fish. Equipment is displayed in between the rows of tanks. There are about four 50 gallon tanks with plants for sale. Crypts, swords, Blyxa, Lud repens, etc"

I'm going to make a trip over this weekend. I must be a freak too cause I'm very excited to check out a new shop.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
Wow, it sounds like a great store. Looks like I'll be trying to schedule a road trip to Marlton.

Walter

and
or my
Proud former member of:

--May the floor under your tank always be dry, and your glass clear!!!
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 03:05 AM

Well I made my trip to In Living Color tonight and I must say I am very impressed.The have a very large selection of fresh water fish of all species.The staff there was very pleasant and willing to help.It didn't feel like you were bothering them when you walked around and needed help like some of the other LFS .The prices were very competitive.In Living Color is definitly headed in the right direction and giving the hobby a breath of fresh air in the area instead it there being one place that has a hold on the hobby because it didn't have any competition like INC has brought to the area.Its well worth the trip for anyone.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 04:17 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Heck, I'll be the freak driving the bus.....I should be heading there soon too.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 04:59 PM

I'm not particularly impressed with their plant section, in fact it was quite poor (think Petsmart plants with algae).

For reef and tropical fish they're really quite good (especially reef, makes me want to start up another one), cichlid selection is poor but they have some nice tropicals like congo tetras and celebe's rainbows.

All in all, I'd say if this is your area and you're looking to stock your non-salt tank (of any type) then I'd still recommend Aquarium Center over ILC.

Again, not to besmirch ILC as it's a fantastic store but when it comes to planted tank keepers, AC is the place to go in this area. At least in my opinion.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (92/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Baliban
Check out this article for more on ILC....

http://www.dvaga.com/articles_InLivingColor.htm

jB
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Algae Grower

Went back to ILC yesterday and surprise! The now have a wall of plant tanks downstairs. The stock was obviously all new and fresh in from the supplier. Prices seemed reasonable. I grabbed a few stems of glosso. Stop by and let them know the demand for planted tanks is here!

They also have a new sign out front, although it's not much easier to read from the road than their last one.

Still a great LFS for equipment and livestock.

|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode