Reviving the NH forums! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Reviving the NH forums!

If any Granite Staters are still on here, reach out. I'm in Manchester!

Always looking for more fish nerds to talk with.

Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 09:45 PM
Algae Grower

I am in NH. Can't seem to find many interested in fish or planted tanks in NH.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 02:17 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Another New Hampshire member here. Hello!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 03:31 AM
Algae Grower

Sunapee area here... So where are all the good places in the area?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 01:02 PM
Algae Grower

I am down by the Nashua area

Just starting out
55 Gallon community tank
20 Gallon community tank
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Algae Grower

These are the ones I have been to

Fish Bowl
31 Union Square, Milford, NH 03055

Limited selection of plants kept in the back corner. Seem to mainly have fresh water that you can find in the big box stores.

Fish Mike Aquatics, LLC
45 Blaine St, Manchester, NH 03102

Only been here once, Seems to be more orientated towards tank maintenance and saltwater. He said he can special order. Didn't have a lot for plants when I was there. Willing to help and answer questions

Aquatic Creations LLC
100 NH-101A, Amherst, NH 03031

Only been here once, Seems to be more orientated towards tank maintenance and saltwater. They said he can special order. Didn't have a lot for plants when I was there. Willing to help and answer questions. They had a good selection of API liquid test kits when I was there.

Petco
E Desilvio Dr, Nashua, NH 03060

This is usually the big box I go to, the staff seem to care about the fish and keep the tanks clean compared to other big box stores. They also seem to have a better selection of fish and plants can special order if they don't normally stock something. They also have RO water for fifty cents a gallon.

If you are up in Maine I found this one about a month ago

Easy Aquariums

664 Main St, Gorham, ME 04038

Seem to have staff dedicated to either fresh or salt water and they seem to have an idea of what they are talking about. They have multiple tanks with plants but there weren't many in the tanks. The also had a few dwarf cichlid when I was there as well as a decent selection of drift wood and stones including Seiryu Stone.

Just starting out
55 Gallon community tank
20 Gallon community tank
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Algae Grower

I have been to Lebanon Pet & Aquarium Center in Leb, and Claremont. Claremont is in the process of redoing their whole fish room. Looking forward to seeing the new fish room. They seem to be ok when the fish person is working or available which almost every time I have been there no one seems to have a clue about fish or plants. Ask you to come back when the fish person is on duty. When the fish person is there he is very knowledgeable on fish and plants and seems to take pride in the aquariums. Prices are higher than the big box stores but it's a local small business. Which I try to support but in this day in age it's all about saving the mighty dollar. But when it's 20 to 40 minutes away depending on which store you go to. It's better than an hour plus to hit the big city box stores for one item.
Just wish there was a fish club in the area. Even if it was just for the monthly auctions. Alway liked the 60/40 split auctions, the members and the club made a little $ which helped get the younger generation envolved.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 02:21 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by block134 View Post
These are the ones I have been to

Fish Bowl
31 Union Square, Milford, NH 03055

Limited selection of plants kept in the back corner. Seem to mainly have fresh water that you can find in the big box stores.

Fish Mike Aquatics, LLC
45 Blaine St, Manchester, NH 03102

Only been here once, Seems to be more orientated towards tank maintenance and saltwater. He said he can special order. Didn't have a lot for plants when I was there. Willing to help and answer questions

Aquatic Creations LLC
100 NH-101A, Amherst, NH 03031

Only been here once, Seems to be more orientated towards tank maintenance and saltwater. They said he can special order. Didn't have a lot for plants when I was there. Willing to help and answer questions. They had a good selection of API liquid test kits when I was there.

Petco
E Desilvio Dr, Nashua, NH 03060

This is usually the big box I go to, the staff seem to care about the fish and keep the tanks clean compared to other big box stores. They also seem to have a better selection of fish and plants can special order if they don't normally stock something. They also have RO water for fifty cents a gallon.

If you are up in Maine I found this one about a month ago

Easy Aquariums

664 Main St, Gorham, ME 04038

Seem to have staff dedicated to either fresh or salt water and they seem to have an idea of what they are talking about. They have multiple tanks with plants but there weren't many in the tanks. The also had a few dwarf cichlid when I was there as well as a decent selection of drift wood and stones including Seiryu Stone.
Thanks I will have to check those out when I get a chance.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 02:47 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
If you're near Southern NH then Zoo Creatures in Plaistow is good.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 03:17 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm18.2 View Post
If you're near Southern NH then Zoo Creatures in Plaistow is good.

I am near Hanover/Lebanon area. But when I am down that way i will check it out as well. Thank you.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 10:18 PM

I would second Zoo Creatures. They have great people who are knowledgeable and willing to chat with you. While they don't always stock a lot of plants due to low demand, I've found that they place orders weekly and are very receptive to helping people out. I've had great experiences with their aquatics people, especially Ketsy. Just call them up before you make the trek and make sure you're talking to someone who has been there for a while. They are good folks. I make the drive to them despite being 40 min away because they are so good to work with.

"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." -John Muir
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 12:34 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulie View Post
I would second Zoo Creatures. They have great people who are knowledgeable and willing to chat with you. While they don't always stock a lot of plants due to low demand, I've found that they place orders weekly and are very receptive to helping people out. I've had great experiences with their aquatics people, especially Ketsy. Just call them up before you make the trek and make sure you're talking to someone who has been there for a while. They are good folks. I make the drive to them despite being 40 min away because they are so good to work with.
Perfect! I will be sure to move them to the top of the list.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 04:24 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to blissskr
Also in NH and live right down the street from Fish Mike's. I don't know when @Barnhartmd051977 visited but they usually have a bunch of plants both in tank and tissue cultures available and will order you anything you ask for they can. Their saltwater selection is also very small compared to the fresh water stuff which is almost half the store. Zoo Creatures is awesome and if you don't live locally is worth the visit for the day as they have a very large store and tons of stuff to look at with fish, reptiles, etc. As for myself I keep Caridina shrimp and some 3/4 black Moscow guppies I've had for at least 5 years that breed true and various pond/ramshorn snails and generally easy to grow plants. It seems that our state has very limited shops and livestock/plants versus what many others have and thankfully online shops can help fill the gap.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissskr View Post
Also in NH and live right down the street from Fish Mike's. I don't know when @Barnhartmd051977 visited but they usually have a bunch of plants both in tank and tissue cultures available and will order you anything you ask for they can. Their saltwater selection is also very small compared to the fresh water stuff which is almost half the store. Zoo Creatures is awesome and if you don't live locally is worth the visit for the day as they have a very large store and tons of stuff to look at with fish, reptiles, etc. As for myself I keep Caridina shrimp and some 3/4 black Moscow guppies I've had for at least 5 years that breed true and various pond/ramshorn snails and generally easy to grow plants. It seems that our state has very limited shops and livestock/plants versus what many others have and thankfully online shops can help fill the gap.
Yes Fish Mike's had a lot of freshwater stuff. Very clean and organized. Constant maintenance being done to the tanks every time I go in there. Best kept Betta I have ever seen. They are not in bowls or cups but in tanks. I seem to go when they are low on plants. But I have seen the two or three tanks they are in.
That's why I was hoping for a nice fish club in the area. In PA I think there was a club in every county. Go to meetings or get togethers and buy, sell, trade stuff. Get to talking to people in person and they would give you way more than what you bought especially when it cam to plants.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 12:33 AM
Algae Grower

concord area here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode