The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - taking apart a tank
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
redant
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
taking apart a tank

Hello....I have been into this hobby for around 2 months now....I have 3 tanks, all on the smaller side - one 15G with pearl gouramis, a 7.5G betta tank and a under-the-making 3.7G shrimp tank. All these three tanks are low tech non co2 tanks. I have been dosing excel as well as macros and micros in my 15G tank. The other two tanks are without excel and ferts. All the three tanks have ada amazonia substrate.

Now the dilemma. As my largest tank, the 15G is pretty much on the smaller side, my stocking options are highly limited. I can't keep cichlids or discus or for the matter any "large" sized fish
So I have decided to upgrade to a larger tank - a 90G.

I don't want to increase the number of my tanks by one....I was thinking of dismantling my 15G tank and shifting the substrate and the plants to the 90G tank....I know a 90G tank would require much more aquasoil than whats in a 15G tank...but I will use gravel/rocks in the rest of the tnk as substrate. That is, my 90G tank wont be completely planted....

I hope what I have posted so far makes sense....has anyone tried anything like this before....any ideas. ..or any pointers I need to keep in mind while I take up this project ??

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome