List of local Fish stores in the STL. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
List of local Fish stores in the STL.

I would like to create a list of all the stores in st louis and metro east that are with in a decent driving distance for most of us.

Aqua World-South city
3910 Gravois
St. Louis, MO
(314) 772-0100

Aqua-World - West County
16063 Manchester
Ellisville, MO
(636) 391-0100

Beldts-
7025F Howdershell Rd
Hazelwood, MO 63042
(314) 895-3350

Nemos Pets-
3780 Pontoon Rd
Granite City, IL 62040
(618) 931-7524

Tropical World Pets-

8444 Watson Rd,
Webster Groves, MO
(314) 849-4020

Pet Market Place-

8011 Watson Road,
Saint Louis, MO 63119
(314) 962-2257

Ehiem Pimp #390
2213, 2026, 2028
  • 125g Tall Frontosa
  • 90g African Cichlids
  • 55g Green Spotted Puffers
  • 29g Betta and Dwarf Frog

Last edited by goalieman59; 09-14-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

No one going to add to this list.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
It's unfortunate. Thats about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 05:29 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yea STL is struggling lately. No hardcore dedicated fish stores. At least for freshwater

There is Pets Plus off of 5th street in St.Charles. But they are mainly ponds now. Have the average fish, maybe a few randoms here and there. Nothing special.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via MSN to gheitman Send a message via Yahoo to gheitman
What about the following?

Pet Market Place
8011 Watson Road, Saint Louis, MO 63119
(314) 962-2257

They were pretty good from what I could tell from my several visits there.

Gene Heitman
12 tanks, 201 gallons, 20+ species of fish/shrimp/snails, 52+ species of plants ... 9 years ago I just wanted 1 tank with some fish - what was I thinking

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 03:24 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (22/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Bonefish
Pet Market Place had a great selection of freshwater fish. At least, they did back when I was still in STL last spring. :P

--The user formerly known as TsuRyuu --
Current scapes
: 1.5 gal betta shack
Tank graveyard:

::

::

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 04:59 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to adamprice271
I was just gonna say Pet market Place. I'm working there part time now, used to work there 5 years ago. Best selection of freshwater fish, BEST prices too. I also go over the orders, including the plant orders too. Let me know if you need something.

125g semi planted. 2 silver angels, 14 silver tips, 16 white fin ornatus tetras, pair of Nicaraguense, pair of nototus severums, trio of firemouth cichlids. 2 FX5s, 1 1500gph circ pump, 2 48" LED lighs, and a HUGE piece of driftwood.

650g fish room. 15 30g tanks, 150g sump.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 06:05 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
In addition to the ones mentioned, might I add Malawi Aquatics. Not sure about their plant selection but if you looking for African cichlids, Billy's is the place to go!! Quite an impressive set-up!! Personally, TWP and Pet Market Place are my two favorites, though for a city of this size, the lfs selection is quite poor!!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Planted Tank Guru

TWP will order you fish from time to time and they seem to take the best care of them aswell. I have purchased many fish from them. Actually this is where I aquired my first L183. I went back to them before I bought my newest ones but they said there was no way they could get them now.

The pet market place has some harder to find fish from time to time and I like their cory selection.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
its odd that there are so few in town, and then 2 decent ones a few blocks apart on watson. i've only been to aqua world ellisville, how does the city location compare?
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Planted Tank Guru

I would say the city location smokes the Ellisville location but they are $$$$$$.

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spachi View Post
its odd that there are so few in town, and then 2 decent ones a few blocks apart on watson.
That is handy though, beats opposite sides of town!
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 02:40 AM

About Fish Stores in & around st. louis

Just wanted to let you all know, that Beldts fish store listed on Howdershell, is no longer there. It's a shame to. That used to be the best fish store around for anything aquatic, not just fish. I haven't been able to find anything else, other than Walmart or pet smart, for any aquatic pets or supply. Let me know if you find something. Thanks
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 06:05 AM
Algae Grower

Awesome thanks goalie, I guess you know how hard it is to Google good fish stores. Every time I do it seems they are shut down, that Hazelwood one is what I'm checking tomorrow. THANKS

Bump: Well apparently it's closed ��

Do not run, do not hide! I will find you and make you want me!
Bob Dylan - Hurricane �� = epic
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 12:37 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
The two Aqua Worlds and the Tropical World Pets were all open when I shopped at them last fall. I haven't been to any of the three recently but Aqua World on Gravois had a bunch of different plants and so did the Tropical World Pets on Watson. Aqua World has them placed in their tanks and they might not all be labeled. Depending on who is working, they may or may not be able to tell you the name and light requirements. Tropical World has several tanks in one area that are plant-only tanks and everything is very well labeled.
I would definitely call first to make sure they are open when you plan on going out there. I think Aqua World is closed on Sundays - at least they used to be.
If you really want to get a bunch of plants, look up the Missouri Aquarium Society auction coming up next weekend at the Crowne Plaza Hotel near the airport. If you've never been to one of their auctions you should definitely go! Lots of plants, fish, supplies. You never know what will show up. I think it is on Sunday. It can last several hours but it is immensely entertaining and you might meet some of the local plant/fish experts.

55 gal planted community tank, 46 gal Angel tank, 10 gal planted Cherry tank, 55 gal Angel tank, 20 gal Barb tank, 20 gal soon-to-be Cardinal tank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode