Springfield Mo - Where you at? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Springfield Mo - Where you at?

Whats up everyone? I recently got into the planted world and unfortunatly Ive found us planted gurus are far and few between. None of my friends or family are into aquariums let alone high tech planted tanks, so Im looking to make some local trading friends. People whom i can exchange advice, experiences, and trimmings with. So if you are from the general area of springfield missouri hit me up!!

Peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
well....

I'm in Joplin, so far I haven't found anyone in the forum too close to me.. you may be the closest

It kills me because I'm originally from St. Louis and seams like there is a lot more organization there.

Jarod
I'm in the Saint Louis, MO area and always looking to connect with other planted tank enthusiasts.

75 Gallon low tech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

29 Gallon High Tech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 02:41 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
I'm in KCMO, but don't mind driving if you BFE-folks put something together, or to buy/sell stuff

Add me on AIM, "insta at home", or MSN "[email protected]"!

SunSun Pimp #10

- 29G, 130W PC lighting, Red Sea CO2 on 20# tank, SunSun 303B, Custom ferts

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Im in Siloam Springs Ar, but thats a bit far and I am only going to be here 5 more weeks.

___My 120 Gallon___ EHEIM PIMP #407, 2x 2229, 2x 1250 Hobby Pumps, 1x Ecco 2236, and 1x Eheim Sludge Extractor

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Cool Insta, I'm not sure I really have too much to trade at present but I always have hygro, ludwigia repens, and mexican oak leaf. I should start having riccia to give away If I don't kill it again with Excel.. lol. You would like a shop down here called ClawPaws in Webb City.. this guy keeps a nice selection of plants.. better than I've seen in much bigger places. He even had Dwarf Baby Tears, Glosso, and Micro Sword the last time I was in.. about a week ago. Bought a nice piece of Malaysan driftwood from him too.

Jarod
I'm in the Saint Louis, MO area and always looking to connect with other planted tank enthusiasts.

75 Gallon low tech

29 Gallon High Tech
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I too have an abundance of riccia, took it all out of my 46g and just have it floating in a 10g at the moment. It covers over half the surface of the 10g. I also have a local diamond in the ruff, their called Bolivar pets (in Bolivar mo). They have 5 times the variety of plants as ANY store in springfield and hes always up for getting something new in. Just got 4 beautiful clumps of glosso and a banana plant last week, its pretty cool. Look up Bolivar pets on Facebook, go to photos - wall photos - and youll know which tank is mine. Lots of green with white sand. this is my 46g bowfront setup, not the best pic and a couple months old, added 6 anubias topped and replanted the giant hygro so its twice as thick now. Its all comin along pretty good.

Know anyone local wanting to sell a canister filter for a decent price?????
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hmm.. gonna have to take a trip to Springfield! Sorry, I don't know anyone w a cheap canister

Jarod

75 Gallon low tech

29 Gallon High Tech
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by anastasisariel View Post
Hmm.. gonna have to take a trip to Springfield! Sorry, I don't know anyone w a cheap canister
Sorry.. im confused, Why are you gonna make a trip to springfield? Bolivar Pets is located in Bolivar (hints the name) its about 30 miles north of springfield up 13 Hwy. I am good friends with the owner, Jeff Quails, their # is 417-777-PETS if you have questions or need directions. Shoot me a PM before you come ill check what they have in stock and make sure its worth your time. Your not by chance in th market for a nano tank are you? He has 4 6g Fluval Edge Aquariums and hasnt been able to sell them retail is 139 and hes got them marked down to 99. plus some free accesories. I would like to have one but the last thing i need is another tank to maintain.

Also if you are headed this way I would take some ludwigia repens trimmings. Been thinkin about adding some red into my scape anyway so maybe if i have something you want we could make a swap.

PEACE
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm almost ready to start trashing some of my ludwigia so I'll definitely have some. I'm not positive on the species but ill post a pic..definitely looks good and gets nice and red in my lighting. It may be a one or two months as I'm in the process of moving.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by anastasisariel View Post
Yeah, I'm almost ready to start trashing some of my ludwigia so I'll definitely have some. I'm not positive on the species but ill post a pic..definitely looks good and gets nice and red in my lighting. It may be a one or two months as I'm in the process of moving.
Ill pay shipping COD if you want to mail me some in the mean time. I can pay you something so its worth your time to go to the hassle of shipping it. What kind of lighting are you using, any co2? Im runnin 2x48w t5's 1 6700k and 1 10000K, minimal ferts and NO Co2.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I have a 29 gallon with two Dual Coralife Freshwater NOT5 fixtures. I have 2x10000k and 2xcoralife colormax bulbs 72 watts NOT5 total; fluval 305 canister; 5lb CO2 tank; Red Sea regulator, solenoid, and diffuser. Here's my tank journal and I believe the last pic is fairly updated: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...my-29-a-2.html .. wow I just noticed how crappy that pic came out!

I haven't checked facebook yet but I've been meaning to. Yeah, I can mail you some ludwigia, but I might just go ahead and come up there. Not this weekend, but the next.
I'm moving in my new place this Sunday and Monday so hopefully we'll be done and I can take a trip.

Jarod

75 Gallon low tech

29 Gallon High Tech
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Cool, what ever you decide. I got a bachelor party not this but next sat... not mine.. lol but should be a good time! Definately take a look at my tank. Id like to hear a fellow enthusiast opinion. I need to start a journal!! Im fixin to strip EVERYTHING out of my 46 and move it all to my 55, minus the sand, got me some black eco-complete for it. i think that would be a good time to start one. The 46 is being turned into a predator tank ^^

After i left that last msg i checked out your threads... Your tank looks great! Its awesome seeing progress and growth over time. Left you a comment on your water beetle thread lol
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

ill just save you some time: Here it is, my 400lb baby lol

Threw in a bonus pic of 2 of my favorite inhabitants. Kinda blurry but heres my Male german ram and my Peacock Goby

What do you think?

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

P.S. alot has changed since that pic ive always got my hands (arms) in my tank doin somethin. That was the newest pic i had on my cell, from i think about 2 months ago...
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

wow

Really nice looking man! Where did you get the ram? I think I'd like to get a single male.

Jarod

75 Gallon low tech

29 Gallon High Tech

Tags
springfield mo trimmings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode