chili rasboras in eastern MA? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (1/100%)
chili rasboras in eastern MA?

anyone know of a store/ LFS carrying some chili rasboras in eastern MA? preferably the south shore area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
chili rasboras in eastern MA?

I haven't seen anybody on the south shore with chili rasboras. I got a few from uncle Ned's and I've seen them a few times there. You could also check tropic isle in Framingham.

Last edited by Say Car Ramrod; 08-04-2015 at 12:50 AM. Reason: ipad autocorrect issues
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Car Ramrod View Post
I haven't seen anybody on the south shore with chili rasboras. I got a few from uncle Ned's and I've seen them a few times there. You could also check tropic isle in Framingham.
do you know how often they have em? i might be willing to make the drive. and if im there might as well check out other stuff. they have a big stock?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Wannabe Guru

Email uncle ned, he's good on responding, he'll order you some if they don't currently have any.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 01:34 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxoczukxx View Post
do you know how often they have em? i might be willing to make the drive. and if im there might as well check out other stuff. they have a big stock?

I haven't been there in about six months. I have no idea how often he gets them. He has one of the best, if not the best, selections around. In my opinion the only other place in the area that has a selection like he does is tropic isle in Framingham which is maybe 20 minutes from uncle Ned's.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ned keeps a pretty good list at UncleNedsFishFactory.com in his forum section, and as was noted he's quick to respond to emails.
Offhand - I think he has a few different micro-rasbora species in stock. but I'm not sure if he has any true chili \ brigitae or not - they might be merah or another similar species.

Unfortunately - the wholesalers don't always know the difference. sometimes it takes a few orders of microrasboras to get the really sweet ones to come in.
at one point this spring I think Ned had 3 different tanks with 3 different microrasbora species in them...
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie321 View Post
Email uncle ned, he's good on responding, he'll order you some if they don't currently have any.
Ned is really accommodating about special ordering. May sometimes take a little while depending on availability with his suppliers. I know one of his orders a while ago for Chilis came in from the supplier as a mixed bag of rasboras with not a chili among them. But he reordered the chilis (maybe from somewhere else?) and finally got some in. Not sure what's left as this was several weeks ago.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueD View Post
Ned is really accommodating about special ordering. May sometimes take a little while depending on availability with his suppliers. I know one of his orders a while ago for Chilis came in from the supplier as a mixed bag of rasboras with not a chili among them. But he reordered the chilis (maybe from somewhere else?) and finally got some in. Not sure what's left as this was several weeks ago.
I was in there while nick was trying to decide what was actually in that bag hahah.. ended up getting some espei myself
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
Ned also normally posts what he is expecting in. Quick search of his forum and looks like his last shipment was sometime in April. The most recent stock posts don't mention Chillis. They mention Rasboras.. jut not Chillis.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 06:19 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (15/100%)
If you live far just order from Msjinkzd and do the 2 day shipping which is like 18 buck plus 3 dollar per fish. Local store around here use to sell them for 5-6 buck a piece if you can find them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #038
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro View Post
If you live far just order from Msjinkzd and do the 2 day shipping which is like 18 buck plus 3 dollar per fish. Local store around here use to sell them for 5-6 buck a piece if you can find them.
shes out i was actually going to order from her originally
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (15/100%)
Yea she went to ACA but she should be back soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #038
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie321 View Post
I was in there while nick was trying to decide what was actually in that bag hahah.. ended up getting some espei myself
LOL, did they ever really identify them? I kept looking at them but they didn't really show much color except for the espei. Must have been a little tricky trying to net one species out.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxoczukxx View Post
shes out i was actually going to order from her originally
On her update of 8/5, she says the chilis will be available next week $3.00
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueD View Post
LOL, did they ever really identify them? I kept looking at them but they didn't really show much color except for the espei. Must have been a little tricky trying to net one species out.

Bump:

On her update of 8/5, she says the chilis will be available next week $3.00
im aware she just emailed me and told me she got another shipment of them in today. im waiting on my lfs to see their prices first
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 10:36 PM
Wannabe Guru

Neds has about 7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode