BAS Auction Anyone? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
BAS Auction Anyone?

Hey, just curious, but is anyone going to the Boston Aquarium Society Auction this weekend? It's from 12 to 4 in Beverly, MA.

Welcome to the Boston Aquarium Society homepage

I was curious if anyone had any experience with it from last year / last auction and could let people know what to expect. Maybe how do people pay for auction winnings? Do we need to stay until the end to pay for the stuff? How "good" is the auction usually? Plants mostly? Fish?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:59 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Just forwarding the BAS email from this evening.

"JUST RECEIVED ALMOST $600 WORTH OF PLANTS FROM FLORIDA AQUATIC NURSERIES.

WE HAVE ALSO RECEIVED DONATIONS FROM:
AQUA ULTRAVIOLET, BOYD ENTERPRISES, CICHLID NEWS, CICHLID PRESS, ECOLOGICAL LABORATORIES, INC., KENS FISH, SERA NA, ZOO MED LABORATORIES, ROLF C HAGEN.

Hope to see you at the Auction, bring a friend.

Russ"

I'm not into the image, but into the hobby...

Last edited by CrypticLifeStyle; 10-26-2018 at 10:42 PM. Reason: ..............
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 02:58 AM
Planted Member

It was good, not a huge turnout but that keeps prices ridiculously low. Tons of gear/food/ferts, some lovely German mbuna/Victoria imports, whole colonies of cichlids for $5-$10, used tanks for as much, lots of rare fish that nobody recognized the name of so they went for next to nothing. I got a bag of endangered coptodon for like $3, it was silly. I don't know what ppl expect... definitely worth showing up. TFSRI auctions are "better" but BAS is definitely "good". Rhode island laws are different so, yeah but as far as just normally traded fish in the hobby everything was there if you wanted it. The highest bids were $65 for a 72 gallon bowfront with a frosted black glass stand and a kessil tuna sun A80 for $40. Everything else sold for somewhere between $3-$18.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 02:20 PM
Algae Grower

Can anyone show up to the BAS Auctions? I know they are having one tomorrow (MLK Day) at 8 and I'm interested in going but I'm not a member. Not entirely sure how it works. I might just show up and see. Is anyone else going?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Yes, i do believe it is open to members, and non-members. Not 100% sure as I never go, Mondays never work for me. However the next meeting is a NEAQ tour, and only available to paid members, an example to perks. I'll probably be going to that. I always hear about the great scores at the auctions, definitely worth going. The one time I went it was amazing. Still have the raffle cardinal tetras I won 5 years ago from that.

I'm not into the image, but into the hobby...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode