Eco-Complete in Maryland - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Eco-Complete in Maryland

Does anyone know of a LFS in Maryland (close to Rockville) that sells eco-complete at a resonable price. The only store that I know of sells the bag at $25.00.
I have a 220 gallon tank that I am trying to plant and I would like to use eco-complete. It's going to cost me.
I am tempted to mix it with a smaller size gravel or sand.
I would like to hear your suggestions on how to go about getting this tank started as well as plants.
thank you,

a2ana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 05:15 PM
PT Biologist

PTrader: (4/100%)
The least expensive place to buy EcoComplete is probably the Aquarium Center near Baltimore. Considering how much you are going to want for a tank that size you might want to special order it and see if they will give you a discount.

Have you looked into joining the The Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association? We have lots of plants grown by club members at our monthly meetings. The LFS's can't touch our variety.

Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

It's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

That IS an aquascape, it's titled "The Vacant Lot".
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Last time I looked Exotic Aquatics was a little less expensive. Neither one would have enough on hand for that size tank. Your best bet frankly is to run across So. PA to Lancaster and hit That Fish Place, not only do they generally have enough stock to meet your needs on hand but also are signifcantly less expensive, to the tune of 13.99 bag I believe. You can check their website for details.

-*-*-*-*-
gnatster

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Collectoritis Patient

PTrader: (203/100%)
I think That Fish Place is your best bet also. Aquarium Center doesn't stock it, but they could order it and Exotic Aquatics won't have enough in stock. I say you call all 3 places and let your fingers do the shopping and save yourself some driving.

Oh, and you really should come check out our local club. Our next meeting is July 23rd in Laurel. We'll have directions up on the website that Sean posted soon. It's a lot of fun.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 03:02 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
I made a trip ti that pet place and few weeks ago and it is great for dry goods, I think I will also have to make that meeting in Laurel. Anyone notice that Aquarium center is kinda in the dumps anymore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to Cheeseybacon Send a message via Yahoo to Cheeseybacon
I made a trip to That Pet Place about a month ago and Eco-complete was going for $17.90 per bag.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
I was just there today, it is marked at 17.99 a bag and they had 3 in stock. Pretty dissaponted the the items they had on sale for July 4. Nothing I wanted or needed. Oh well.

-*-*-*-*-
gnatster
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 03:54 AM
Collectoritis Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick120
I made a trip ti that pet place and few weeks ago and it is great for dry goods, I think I will also have to make that meeting in Laurel. Anyone notice that Aquarium center is kinda in the dumps anymore
We always love to have newcomers. I've noticed and others have too that the glory days of Aquarium Center are over. It's a shame because it's still salvageable in my opinion, but I just don't see it happening.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you all.
gnatster, you said that fish place in So PA has them at about $14. Do you have a contact number for them?
thanks

I would love to join the MD club. I have been hooked on the planted tank for a long time now and have finally decided to go the planted fish tank.
I have seen a few planted cichlid tanks and am now convinced that it is possible with a lot of success as well.
Let me know what I need to do to join the club. I would love to come out and see for myself what it is all about.
Thanks again.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Collectoritis Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2ana
Thank you all.
gnatster, you said that fish place in So PA has them at about $14. Do you have a contact number for them?
thanks

I would love to join the MD club. I have been hooked on the planted tank for a long time now and have finally decided to go the planted fish tank.
I have seen a few planted cichlid tanks and am now convinced that it is possible with a lot of success as well.
Let me know what I need to do to join the club. I would love to come out and see for myself what it is all about.
Thanks again.
www.thatfishplace.com is their website addy.

If you visit www.gwapa.org there are directions to the July 23rd meeting in Laurel, MD. Nonmembers are welcome and encouraged to join us at any meeting to come check out our club. If you decide to join you can do so then and there or you can also join on the website. Membership is $15.00 for students and $20.00 for all others and this will cover you through next year as well. I hope to see you there!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode