• 2 Post By MChambers
  • 2 Post By Termato

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (15/100%)
Wink The Big Fish Deal in Gaithersburg.

Hey Everyone,

Is anyone going to The Big Fish Deal 0n March 4-5? It's going to be in Gaithersburg so it's right around the corner from us.

You can see all of the details for the event here: CCA Presents The Big Fish Deal

I signed up for the Aquarium beautiful contest and I'm going to be putting in my 20GL and a fish bowl. Hope to see some of you there!

The Fish Apartment
YouTube - Termato

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Termato; 02-23-2016 at 02:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 02:30 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
Thanks for sharing, Termato. Didn't know about this. I may go.

Fraternity of Dirt #30 - SunSun Pimp Club #20 - Eheim Pimp Club #412
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

CCA is good to check out, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffgong View Post
Thanks for sharing, Termato. Didn't know about this. I may go.
Glad to get the word out. I went to my fist CCA meeting (CCA will be holding the event) last weekend and I have to say it was quite the meeting.

I got new shrimp, live food cultures, new fish, new plants, you name it. All for super cheap. It was wonderful. I can't believe I haven't been to a meeting before. I'd advise budgeting before attending otherwise you may walk out with more than you want hahaha, no seriously though.

The Fish Apartment
YouTube - Termato

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 01:17 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I'll be there. Should be great, based on my experience in previous years.
Termato and Termato like this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I've been looking at the giant growing list of fish that will be sold at BFD and it's impressive. Lots of vendors. I'd go just for the fish alone! I'm going to pick up a couple of C.A.R.E.S. species and try to breed them. It'll be my first year.

The Fish Apartment
YouTube - Termato

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 05:44 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
When and where is it?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 12:31 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

See the first post in this thread.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 01:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Is there a specific day when fish can be purchased? For some reason I can't view the site.

Just a noob

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 02:13 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Generally, Sunday would be the best day for that. There will be some vendors selling fish on Saturday and perhaps Friday, but Sunday is the marketplace. If you just register for the marketplace, it costs $8. The marketplace will run 11-3:30 on Sunday.
Termato and Termato like this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlewis View Post
Is there a specific day when fish can be purchased? For some reason I can't view the site.
Satuday night there will be a rare fish auction and then all day sunday is the Marketplace (Just like MChambers said) where there will be plenty on sale (and not just fish). I'll actually have a table at the marketplace on sunday. You can buy a ticket just for the marketplace if you don't want to attend the entire event.

There will be plenty of vendors at the event, too.

The Fish Apartment
YouTube - Termato

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 02:47 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termato View Post
Satuday night there will be a rare fish auction and then all day sunday is the Marketplace (Just like MChambers said) where there will be plenty on sale (and not just fish). I'll actually have a table at the marketplace on sunday. You can buy a ticket just for the marketplace if you don't want to attend the entire event.

There will be plenty of vendors at the event, too.
Where can I locate the list of fish being sold?

Just a noob

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlewis View Post
Where can I locate the list of fish being sold?
If you purchased a ticket to the BFD already, you qualify to pre-order fish and equipment to pick up on Friday the 4th. They are offering discounts on those orders. You can find that list here: The BFD Vendor preorder/ group buys - Capital Cichlid Association Forums

Those are also just some of the vendors who will be going there. These vendors will have fish throughout the event BUT there will be more fish available on Sunday.

There is no comprehensive list of what fish these vendors will bring yet as they usually post it a couple of days before the event, if at all. This is because they go through fish quite quickly and can't guarantee stocking unless pre-ordered. A lot of these vendors will be bringing fish from those pre-orders list, though. This way, you can get a really good idea of what the these specific vendors could bring.

As far as the marketplace goes, you can expect such an array of fish at the best quality. Just look at the marketplace on the CCA forum to get an idea of what will be there. I'm honestly trying to set up more tanks and clear up space for it all.
MChambers and MChambers like this.

The Fish Apartment
YouTube - Termato

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Any of you end up going? It was a lot of fun. I got soooo many fish there, it was insane. I ended up getting some awards at the aquarium beautiful contest as well. Got to meet a lot of cool new people. Great stuff. I couldn't have asked for a better first convention/event.

The Fish Apartment
YouTube - Termato

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode