The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Suppose this will do. :) 2.5 gallon Bowl!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Bree
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Suppose this will do. :) 2.5 gallon Bowl!

Been awhile since i've been active on this forum, however i figured its about time i start up a new project!

So i went out and bought a 2.5 gallon drum bowl.

Here are the stats:
-2.5 gallon bowl
-7.5 watt hydor heater
-2" fluval plant stratum
-Seachem ferts. (if needed)
*No filter
*No CO2
Lighting i have yet to figure out, i was thinking a desk lamp overtop but lowest watt bulb i can find is 15 watts, possibly if i hold the light above and away it would work causing no algae issues, however it may not look as nice. So that will be my first experiment with this process.

I plant on putting in my little Platinum Male halfmoon betta in there with an apple snail OR a couple shrimp for algae control if needed.

The reason for the betta going in there is he is unable to put up with even the slightest currant, his front swimmie fins are gimbled and his back fins are so heavy he's much less stressed in a decent sized smaller tank w/ no filter so this should suit him well.

I will add pictures tomorrow when the water starts to clear up a little.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Retired.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-5 Gallon Tank. -Retired
-Davey the Bearded dragon.
-Couple little rescue lap dogs: Boots and Teddy.
-2 Holland lop house rabbits- Percy and Pippen.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome