The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Adding *small booster* inline pump to Cannister filter line
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 03:37 AM
Wasserpest
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
I haven't tried that myself, but I would guess that adding a "booster" pump with less than the actual output of your canister filter will do nothing but slow down things. If your canister filter output is say 200gal/hr and you add a 150gal/hour little pump you will get less output, because a) those little pumps don't have the oomph to speed up a canister filter, and b) because anything you add inline will cause a flow reduction. Best case, it will do nothing.

You could try the QuietOne pump, it might do what you are trying to do. Or it might leak, make noise, and heat up your tank.

A much better solution would be to add a little 150gal/hour pump directly in the tank, or buy a second canister filter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome