The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Wanting help with Eheim 2227
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 12:59 PM
mrkookm
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (94/100%)
Like Tdon1md said the 2217 will outgass your co2 but even though that desisn is not Co2 friendly it will still work well if you have a pressurized Co2 setup and good diffusion method. I am one of those that use a big 36"x12"x14" open sump with no special plumbing and able to maintain Co2 just fine for some of the most difficult to keep, light hungry, co2 must plants in the hobby.

The only big downside I see is you trying to use DIY Co2 in a 90gal tank Even though it's possible with 'about 10 2L bottles and constant 1 week DIY mix refreshing, I know cause I done it' it is going to require toooo much work to maintain proper levels. DIY IMO opinion should not be attempted for anything over 30gal and at this size its very easy to maintain Co2 provided diffusion method is good. Over that it gets too expensive & requires too much work to maintain proper levels.

My suggestion to you is to leave the filter as is, invest in a DC 'drop checker' and a pressurized Co2 setup if you are looking for success with growing plants and not algae.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Junkie

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome