Just want to let you know! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Just want to let you know!

The Aquarium Adventure in Bolingbrook has a 50% off all fish this weekend. They also have a hardscape and equipment sale, however i am not sure of the amount. Either way, it is a good time to get fish or new supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 11:27 PM
Algae Grower

Just beware of disease and condition of there fish.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHermes21 View Post
Just beware of disease and condition of there fish.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Their fish are pretty good quality actually, i have had only 3 deaths from buying fish from them and the gave me a refund on all 3 fish. No disease yet, even though i (stupidly) dont have a QT tank

A 17-year old that faces parental opposition in this hobby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Algae Grower

Is this a good store to buy my first round of plants from? I feel like the guy I was talking to sounded knowledgeable, but then I came here and a bunch of equipment he recommended is not talked about much. You can spend 6 months trying to formulate a path to take with all the information on this site!

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucrsr View Post
Is this a good store to buy my first round of plants from? I feel like the guy I was talking to sounded knowledgeable, but then I came here and a bunch of equipment he recommended is not talked about much. You can spend 6 months trying to formulate a path to take with all the information on this site!
What did he recommend? For what kind of tank (High tech, or low tech)? I (and most people on the forum) can validate if he knows what he is talking about.
What was the guy's name? I have a mental list of people i know are smart and others i know are idiots. The plants are a bit overpriced IMO, a good place to get plants if on this forum, much better prices and people are more willing to replace plants if they dont arrive well/ die immediately. The quality of plants is pretty good though.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Algae Grower

We didn't actually talk plants, but he said the light I bought would be enough for "anything I wanted to grow". This was in reference to the 24" Fluval Fresh & Plant 2.0 LED (he also talked me into a Fluval 306 filter which I then found 1/2 off at Petsmart). I told him I was not really interested in doing injected CO2 so he showed me Excel and then began running down full nutrient schedules. At that point my head was full. I think his name was Adam. The plan was to get everything setup and running and then come back in for some plant suggestions.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucrsr View Post
We didn't actually talk plants, but he said the light I bought would be enough for "anything I wanted to grow". This was in reference to the 24" Fluval Fresh & Plant 2.0 LED (he also talked me into a Fluval 306 filter which I then found 1/2 off at Petsmart). I told him I was not really interested in doing injected CO2 so he showed me Excel and then began running down full nutrient schedules. At that point my head was full. I think his name was Adam. The plan was to get everything setup and running and then come back in for some plant suggestions.
the fresh and plant cant be run on a timer due to the way it works, and it will be very powerful, if you arent doing co2, and your tank is under 30" tall, you will have algae problems. PPS or EI is better for a planted tank, but for a low-tech flourish is fine. How large is the tank?

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 12:49 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
I get my plants from there, they have a really good selection and the plants are all really healthy generally. Try to go in right after they get an order in (I usually go on Friday).

Some of the folks are more knowledgeable than others, but I haven't had anyone give me any outright terrible advice.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrohn View Post
I get my plants from there, they have a really good selection and the plants are all really healthy generally. Try to go in right after they get an order in (I usually go on Friday).

Some of the folks are more knowledgeable than others, but I haven't had anyone give me any outright terrible advice.
My experience as well, however a person told me that flying fox and SAE were the same, and my reaction was to say no.... And I had to explain the difference, thankfully they listened and thanked me for the information instead of arguing something that was fully incorrect

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 02:27 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohankpatel View Post
the fresh and plant cant be run on a timer due to the way it works, and it will be very powerful, if you arent doing co2, and your tank is under 30" tall, you will have algae problems. PPS or EI is better for a planted tank, but for a low-tech flourish is fine. How large is the tank?
My tank is a 20" tall 36g bow front. And my light fixture works just fine on a timer. It remembers the previous setting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode