Tropica plants coming to Chicago!!!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (12/100%)
Tropica plants coming to Chicago!!!!

Hello Fellow Chicago Plant People!

The Fish Planet in Deerfield (http://www.thefishplanet.com/home.html and https://www.facebook.com/FishPlanetStore?fref=ts) is working on bringing in Tropica's 1-2-Grow tissue culture plants. Steve, the owner of the store, is a great guy and is VERY supportive of the planted tank hobby. He has some nice plants, including nice portions of AR mini, Hydrocotyl sp. 'tripartita', Blyxa japonica, and other odds and ends. I believe he is also working on getting a holding tank set up with proper lighting and CO2 to bring in and hold various types of stem plants, foreground plants, and other plants of interest. However, the big news is his efforts to bring Tropica's plants into the states after many years of trying. I've seen some of the 1-2-Grow line and it's top notch. On top of that, you get a ton of plants per container, so a little goes a long way!

In addition to the plants, he has some of the healthiest freshwater fish I have ever purchased and he's willing to bring in some rarer stuff that isn't seen too often. He also has a really nice saltwater collection of corals, fish, etc. It's definitely a store well worth checking out!

Besides, you can also check the planted tank setup that has matured nicely since the demo back in March. That tank is nicer than my tank at home.

Hope some of you can check out the store and I'll post regular updates on when he expects the plants from Tropica to come in to Chicago!

Texex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 02:48 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
How exciting! Good to see more options coming soon to Chicagoland.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 02:27 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
Saw the Tropica tissue cultured plants at Fish Planet tonight. There was an assortment of ground cover and stem plants, including some mosses. I've never seen Tropica tissue cultured plants before and they looked very full and healthy. $15.99 per cup. This may be the first brick and mortar store in the US to carry 1-2-Grow plants and it's here in Chicagoland!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tropica plants.jpg (101.7 KB, 12 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode