Aquatic experience - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Aquatic experience

Won some stuff!

Glad u went to aquatic experience. Won a hydor reef kit and some rocks. I have a 125 cichlid tank with a fluval 406 on the left corner and a eheim 2217 on the right corner. The eheim had a trickle release so their is small low in the right side. I have 2 pumps. Where should I put them? Thanks! http://imgur.com/ZlxiOQO
http://imgur.com/IMbOTJ3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 12:03 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (18/100%)
Nice! I had to leave before some of the actions so no winning for me But I did grab some rainbows for cheap.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Algae Grower

I ran into SteveO and picked up a 2 gallon Aqueon nano tank to dip my foot into saltwater and got 24 cherry red shrimp from Shrimp USA, sadly 2 didn't make it home alive, but the other 22 are doing good with ghost shrimp in my shrimp tank so far.

My first time at the AE, I was expecting more vendors actually selling stuff and less manufacturers booths, not sure if I'll go next year or not.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Grats on the prizes!

Blue-sun, imho, I think the show is more geared towards saltwater than freshwater vendor-wise and merchants, but there were a few merchants for fresh, not as many as salt though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Who would have thought that plants like dirt?!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Algae Grower

Yeah, my wife noticed that it's geared more towards saltwater. Hope the 2 gallon nano tank saltwater experiment goes good, then we can upgrade.

#thisisanexpensivehobby
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Algae Grower

Oh hiya blue-sun!
The saltwater stuff is always cool to look at but if it was all salt, I probably wouldn't have gone. I too thought that there would be more stuff forsale although to see some of the items that the company's sell definatly helps when picking new toys out. Like the Finnex ray 2 that will hopefully be in my stocking this Xmas from myself.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
I picked up a bunch of plants from Aquainnova on the last day. They practically gave it to me! Still trying to get IDs on it all but looks like HC, regular babies tears, red rubin sword, water sprite, annubias nana petite and some kind of red stem plant. It was in their Amazonia kit.

"Hopefully everything doesn't turn out horribly ironic"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfish View Post
I picked up a bunch of plants from Aquainnova on the last day. They practically gave it to me! Still trying to get IDs on it all but looks like HC, regular babies tears, red rubin sword, water sprite, annubias nana petite and some kind of red stem plant. It was in their Amazonia kit.
That's awesome that they were giving those out at the end. I showed up on the first day and asked if they were selling any, but they said no. Their packaging was very nice and if I remember correctly, they were out of Europe somewhere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Who would have thought that plants like dirt?!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
Like the Finnex ray 2 that will hopefully be in my stocking this Xmas from myself.
Nice, got a first hand look at the Planted+ 24/7? Did the reps show you the features?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
Nice, got a first hand look at the Planted+ 24/7? Did the reps show you the features?
He said to get a ray 2 and a planted + on a 60 gal 48"Lx13"Wx24"H but I think one Ray 2 should be good for medium light. I never asked about the features and he didn't say anything but was trying to get more info on LEDs for a planted tank. Unfortntly I had to turn down the show price of 148$ hoping I'll get a good deal during Black Friday.

Also it seems Amazon is really the only place to get these new, who else sells them?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0 View Post
He said to get a ray 2 and a planted + on a 60 gal 48"Lx13"Wx24"H but I think one Ray 2 should be good for medium light. I never asked about the features and he didn't say anything but was trying to get more info on LEDs for a planted tank. Unfortntly I had to turn down the show price of 148$ hoping I'll get a good deal during Black Friday.

Also it seems Amazon is really the only place to get these new, who else sells them?
My mistake, I thought you were referring to the prototype Planted+ 24/7 that was on display. Nearly all local dealers carry Finnex. I'm not sure where you actually live but around here: Old Orchard Aquarium, Golden Aquarium, Tropi-Quatics, Odd Lot Pets, New Fish, Fish Planet, and a few others.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinycard255 View Post
That's awesome that they were giving those out at the end. I showed up on the first day and asked if they were selling any, but they said no. Their packaging was very nice and if I remember correctly, they were out of Europe somewhere.
Yes, I talked to the rep and they have two offices; one in the Netherlands and one in Italy. I actually just planted my 6.25 and have a fair amount of plants left, anyone want to trade? I've got two bunches of (ID's not positive) Red Ludwigia, two bunches of water sprite and two small pots of what I'm pretty sure is babies tears but not dwarf.

"Hopefully everything doesn't turn out horribly ironic"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode