whats the best co2 regulator? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (10/100%)
whats the best co2 regulator?

Hey guys,

I have plans set on my next planted tank but I guess u could say this will be my first time using co2. I've looked over the green leaf aquarium regulators and was thinking about getting one from them (like the pro/gro series). Anyone have personal experience with their regulators? Also any suggestions as to which regulator worked well for u guys?

\m/
gowfan05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 05:16 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Better off buying from a member here. Can get better than GLA material for less than 1/2 the cost.

I started off with an Aquatec regulator, had to return and ended up getting mines from Bettatail. and if you're looking to get a GLA reg these guys can make a really pretty one for you for sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agro View Post
Better off buying from a member here. Can get better than GLA material for less than 1/2 the cost.

I started off with an Aquatec regulator, had to return and ended up getting mines from Bettatail. and if you're looking to get a GLA reg these guys can make a really pretty one for you for sure.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts/experience. I was debating about Aquatec products but notice alot of post of there stuff not lasting for longterm. But i will keep it in mind. Also I'm not really worried about spending the money for a high quality regulator .. I just really want a great regulator that will last me a couple years without the need to tweek/adjust it all the time.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 07:22 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts/experience. I was debating about Aquatec products but notice alot of post of there stuff not lasting for longterm. But i will keep it in mind. Also I'm not really worried about spending the money for a high quality regulator .. I just really want a great regulator that will last me a couple years without the need to tweek/adjust it all the time.
Definitely contact the boys here or check out the sales/trade section for regulators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
I think gla is top of the line I've never had a problem with myne. You get what you pay for

must....have.....more....moss n shrimp!!!!!!!!!!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
regulator

Greenleaf all the way. I bought the supreme regulator from them. Top quality. Got it set where I wanted it , and never had to touch it again. Buy quality or regret it later. Good luck.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Algae Grower

Bettatail builds!!!

Aloha!

Just inserting my advice/experience. GO with someone who can make (or already has) units in the configuration that you want. I bought a "cheaper" regulator that lasted me for a while, but when I got to the end of my CO2 tank, I learned the hard way, that it was NOT a dual stage regulator like it was claimed to be. It dumped the CO2 at the end of the tank and I wound up losing all of my critters in the tank (happened during the day while I was at work).

After that, I went out and bought one of bettatail's set ups and loved it so much, I asked him to make one for me to run multiple tanks! I'm not gonna try to lie to you, they are not cheap, but his quality is AWESOME! Not only does he assemble them, but HE TESTS them before selling them! THAT'S the kind of piece of mind I don't mind paying for!!! Also, I've not really had to make too many adjustments over the years either (mostly because I've decided I wanted to increase or decrease the amount of flow to my tanks). I've also heard great stuff about Old Punk's builds as well! I hope that this helps!!!

Good Luck!
BikerCarl

Last edited by bikercarl; 08-14-2014 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Adding Details

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode