Erio Goias for sale on O'ahu only! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (10/100%)
Erio Goias for sale on O'ahu only!

Aloha All,

I've got a couple of eriocaulons sp Goias that I've got available for sale. They are recent splits, but they are by no means small! Well, okay, there's one little guy in there. I've got some snails and some algae in the tank they came from so be fore warned!

Looking to get $15 (or best offer) for Erio Sp Goias Pic 1, $15 (or best offer) for Erio Sp Goias Pic 2 and $7.50 (or best offer) for Erio Sp Goias "Little Guy". Or, If you take all three, how's about $35.00 or serious offer. PM me if you might be interested. Will post pictures as soon as I can figure this tech stuff out!

Mahalo!
BikerCarl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Erio Sp Goiaas 1.jpg (105.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Erio Sp Goias 2.jpg (97.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Erio Sp Goias little guy.jpg (68.1 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Clarification

Aloha All,

Thanks for taking a look at this listing. Let me clarify for you since I'vee got a few questions about it. Although these have been recently split off the mother plant, they were NOT cut off the mother plant, they are basically grown and almost naturally separated. All I did was up root the mother plant and tease the roots apart. Each plant has individual roots already. PM me if you have other questions.

Mahalo and Happy Friday!
BikerCarl
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Could you take a picture of the mother plant? I've never had this species before, thinking of putting on into my Iwagumi mini-s to accent the stones.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Aloha Quark,

Sorry, I wasn't able to get around to checking this weekend. I will try to get a picture or two up for you tonight or tomorrow. How big of a tank are you thinking about putting this in? Before I split them off, it was a pretty nice sized plant!

BikerCarl
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Planted Member

I have a Mini-S, its 3.5 gallons. Currently, its just an Iwagumi with HC in it.

|
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to StrungOut
looks highly lacking, I like this erio, but its bigger than other erios which I don't like

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Aloha All,

Okay, it's not a very good picture of the mother plant, but it's the best that I could manage with a cell phone pic. I hope that this helps!

BikerCarl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140701_212239.jpg (55.8 KB, 4 views)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Planted Member

That's a pretty plant. Actually looks whitish. I think the plant might look too large for my 3gal with HC carpet.

Thanks for the pic.

|
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Aloha quark,

Yes, I agree that it might get a little too big for your 3.5. I had also forgot to mention that the plate that the erios are in are Anna Miller's pie tins and the coin is a quarter.

With regards to the color, they are a little more pale than they usually are, but then again, I had just plucked them out of their substrate and teased them away from their momma so everybody's kind of stressed out. I did re-plant all of them and they are all doing well, though.

Happy Hump Day!
BikerCarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by quark View Post
That's a pretty plant. Actually looks whitish. I think the plant might look too large for my 3gal with HC carpet.

Thanks for the pic.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 01:49 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to StrungOut
Hey Carl,
May I share these two pics to show its potential? If not, I'll edit the post:

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrungOut View Post
Hey Carl,
May I share these two pics to show its potential? If not, I'll edit the post:

there really nice Dennis! but i think yours is different than Carl?!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Aloha StrungOut and Erirku!

By all means, do share the pics! They are great looking plants. Mine are not quite as green right now, but generally speaking, they are very similar to the images you show! The picture of the mother plant came out pretty bad. After I reviewed the picture on the web, I realized how pale it looks! In real life, it's not that white!

Erirku, the plants are the same. The keiki that I have available are just not as rounded out because they are side shoots from the mother plant. However, once you plant them, they will fill out in time. As StrungOut mentioned, they are terrific plants and have great potential in the tank!

I've had these plants for maybe five years and it's split off a couple of times for me. I know that I could probably force them by cutting, but I figure I would just enjoy them and when they have side shoots, I will wait until they're almost totally separated on their own before I pull them.

In any case, Happy Thursday and, best wishes for your 4th of July!
BikerCarl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode