GLA C02 system - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (1/100%)
Question GLA C02 system

I have 2 small tanks, a 6 gallon and a 15 gallon, that I want to run co2 to. I know enough to know that I need a good quality regulator and needle valve. Currently looking at GLA systems. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 05:56 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Milwaukee makes a good regulator. I'll check the one I order online and get to you on the dual regulator. Don't go paintball. Accessories out there is just not what I expect. I'll go big or stay home hahahaha
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
I find Co2 stuff is like buying a car, really depends what you want out of it, and what your budget is.

are you looking at running one co2 setup for two tanks? you'll need separate needle valves and bubble counters for each tank, either all attached through a manifold, or run them inline.

If you are planning on buying two units, and running two tanks, IMHO, that's a waste of money, Dual stage regulators, also waste of money, I like fabco-NV55 needle valves, get any of their setup's with it, and you'll be fine.

Paintball has its place, I'm setting up a new tank with a paintball setup with the Atomic Paintball Co2 regulator v1 that I modified to my needs. I had space constraints and solenoid needs of low voltage.

Search around the threads for co2 setup, and you'll find a ton of info, stick to what people actually use, and stay away from stuff you find at Home Depot or Lowes.

Keep in mind I've never ran this setup yet, but here are my recommendations.
For paintball tanks, small and super compact:
http://greenleafaquariums.com/co2-re...ulator-v2.html
20-24oz bottle from amazon is like $20 and $3.50 to refill at sports authority.

For regular co2 tanks:
http://greenleafaquariums.com/co2-re...regulator.html
or for a little more money for a nicer regulator:
http://greenleafaquariums.com/co2-re...regulator.html

or you could build your own for cheaper, with say a victor co2 regulator, Clippard EV Mouse solenoid, and Swagelok metering valve for maybe about the same money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 09:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Buy my sett up. 5# tank. Regulator an splitter.

Finnex member #14

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode