Osmocote plus - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Osmocote plus

Anyone need? Walmart mililani garden center has CHOKE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finnex member #14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 05:50 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
I think this is the new o+ I seen it at my local hardware stores as well.

must....have.....more....moss n shrimp!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I have the old one luckily

Finnex member #14

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Yep, I saw these too. what's all the rage about them besides being slow release root tabs?

|
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 05:13 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I'm also curious how do you use the stuff? Is good? I have some I bought like two years ago for my potted plants which all died.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 08:28 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan71 View Post
I'm also curious how do you use the stuff? Is good? I have some I bought like two years ago for my potted plants which all died.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

This particular product is awesome I use it on my planted tank. 100x better in my book rather than p ferts or root tabs. Tried it on my planted feeder shrimp tank and shrimp survived. What I do which someone here told me. Buy the gel casing for pills fill it osmocote and stick it every 6 inches in your tank. Or you will be there all day all night trying to stick rack grain in the substrate. Awesome stuff
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

The rage, besides being slow release, is that it's one of the only slow release products around that contain micro nutrients. It was pulled off the market for a while and only now recently re-introduced. The new product, however, is lacking calcium that the old product had. Thats why you keep reading about the old product being better than the new and why people are rabid about getting their hands on the old product.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagerl View Post
The rage, besides being slow release, is that it's one of the only slow release products around that contain micro nutrients. It was pulled off the market for a while and only now recently re-introduced. The new product, however, is lacking calcium that the old product had. Thats why you keep reading about the old product being better than the new and why people are rabid about getting their hands on the old product.

I still of a full jug of the original... I'm da savoring it. Haha

But it does wonders! It helps plants root better

Finnex member #14
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 03:50 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboss808 View Post
This particular product is awesome I use it on my planted tank. 100x better in my book rather than p ferts or root tabs. Tried it on my planted feeder shrimp tank and shrimp survived. What I do which someone here told me. Buy the gel casing for pills fill it osmocote and stick it every 6 inches in your tank. Or you will be there all day all night trying to stick rack grain in the substrate. Awesome stuff
Thanks Daboss I was wondering how to use the that stuff I thought you had to add it under the substrate when set up the tank.
Some questions how often do you dose? And will it affect the water parameters? e.g. PH?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 08:02 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (17/100%)
Where do you get those gel capsules? Pharmacy gave me a funny looked when I asked if they sell empty capsules.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 08:43 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan71 View Post
Thanks Daboss I was wondering how to use the that stuff I thought you had to add it under the substrate when set up the tank.
Some questions how often do you dose? And will it affect the water parameters? e.g. PH?
I dose every 6 months. Normally it doesn't affect ph because your substrate act as a ph buffer. As long as your beneficial bacteria ecosystem is stable there wouldn't be any problem haven't had any ph spikes or ammo spikes recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scokaw View Post
Where do you get those gel capsules? Pharmacy gave me a funny looked when I asked if they sell empty capsules.
I buy my online I googled it and found it. Some here told me about it and I got it offline

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_6ra4dydcn1_b
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by scokaw View Post
Im not sure,but look in the medicine side of Longs I think I saw them there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode