new hobby - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
new hobby

Hello everyone im new to this sight want to learn more on planted tanks I thing its so cool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Welcome

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GEOLOGY Rocks Have A Gneiss Day
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Welcome man!

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/86%)
Welcome

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Algae Grower

what else do you keep?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Finnex member #14
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 05:09 AM
Algae Grower

Welcome aboard
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for all the welcome
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 04:07 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

What type of shrimp is legal. Want to get some for my tank
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 09:36 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimp View Post
Hi and welcome to the Hobby!

As far as I know, Legally any shrimp listed here can be kept without a permit(I think?). So pretty much just brine shrimp.

Here is another thread on shrimp in Hawaii.
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ghlight=shrimp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 12:30 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Pm me I'll talk to you about legalities cause talking about politics is not allowed here
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thats so sad. What I don't understand is those shrimps or even the red arrow eas man made those things are not in the wild it would be eaten first. Man made red fish red shrimp for aquarium hobby
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Thats so sad. What I don't understand is those shrimps or even the red arrow eas man made those things are not in the wild it would be eaten first. Man made red fish red shrimp for aquarium hobby

I hear you on dat. But.. Not much we can do.

I have a lot of extra shrimp from a local stream..... Someone here on da forums hooked me up. Would you like some? They berry fast too

Finnex member #14
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Welcome to TPT. If you visit any of our LFS on the island, the feeder shrimp that you'll find there are wild forms of Neocardina davidi. They can also be caught in pretty much all of our streams.

Eheim Pimp #540
Finnex Member #11
ADA Gentleman #6

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Algae Grower

Welcome chimp!!

To clear up everything here in years of misunderstanding. Any but one species of shrimp is illegal to import. State department of ag says if it's non listed it's illegal to own too and sell. If anyone is caught selling shrimp here or anywhere on any forums they will prosecute. Which really sucks! Neocaridina davidi aka neo caridina sp and the caridina sp var and caridina Cantonensis is all illegal. Even though they are in our streams they still are not on the approved list. I know a good friend and mentor of mine that got raided and got everything taken away.

Now he's working with department of ag to revise the list and do some major changes because it's very unclear on what is and what is not allowed to own. I also know a lot of people here don't like him cause of certain reason. But let's make this clear he's about the hobby and he's not a business. He been meeting with several board members of the ag department to clarify the rules. Even though a lot of people may not like him daboss808 aka shayne. He doing a lot for us young hobbiest. I had taken the time to look into some species of fish that selective store have and let me tell you something not all the fish are conditionally approved by state department of ag. Now who do you think gets fine and possible jail time? Us! They may get a fine and or possible probation but we also suffer too. Why do you think private importers are here cause they have a special approved list issued by state department of ag. They pay higher importing rate rather than lfs like coral reef, Aquascapes, petsplus, petco, Petland, etc.

I would like to leave with this comment. All those that may have beef and or may not like daboss I think you should reconsider your thoughts. He's the one who helping with rule changes with department of agriculture and making shrimp, new aquatic plants, and new/ exotic fish species legal. Hopefully there will be no more non listed animals that are illegal. Only illegal species will be the detrimental species to our environment. This is a hobby lets forget the past and move forward. I know some people that support Aquascapes has particular beef with him but in the long run let's remind our selves who did the shrimp rule change none of our lfs stores can't only people driven to like daboss

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode