Aquascapes - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Aquascapes

I've got a couple questions about them.

1) can you buy the plants they have?
2) has anyone ever ordered fish through them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 02:51 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Concerning fish I would go through a private importer such as Leighton of aquatic imports, try ask fishanado he might be able to get you fish.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 03:53 AM
Algae Grower

I don't know about ordering fish,but I recently bought plants from them.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 04:32 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I've bought cardinals and crypts from them. The cardinals are still going strong and without a loss and the crypts (willisii, wendtii "Tropica" & wendtii "Mi Oya") were enough to complete my newest project tank w/ enough extra plantlets to accent an established tank.

Jojo & Reina are friendly & personable, ready to provide advice and tips to make the hobby more enjoyable. Their new location has more parking available and is closer to me! My suggestion is to go in for a visit, look around, ask questions, talk story and then make a decision.

Eheim Pimp #540
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Finnex Member #11
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADA Gentleman #6

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Algae Grower

Aquascapes is one of two local fish stores I've found ever where they truly want your tank to be successful, and not just oversell you. Highly recommend them. Their display tanks alone should be proof enough of Jojos tremendous expertise.

Many times I've gone in and bent Jojos ear for 45 minutes and left without a purchase, and he always welcomes me back. Good people, good store.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holokai View Post
Aquascapes is one of two local fish stores I've found ever where they truly want your tank to be successful, and not just oversell you. Highly recommend them. Their display tanks alone should be proof enough of Jojos tremendous expertise.

Many times I've gone in and bent Jojos ear for 45 minutes and left without a purchase, and he always welcomes me back. Good people, good store.
What's the other store?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 04:02 AM
Algae Grower

I would say Petland they are the only other guys on this island with mass plant shipments
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

If you're talking about the plants in the "Not for Sale" tank... It doesn't hurt to ask Jojo. As far as ordering fish, they have a list from their supplier and can check if it's available. Sometimes the store gets crowded and Jojo could be talking to someone (could be me if it's a friday) for 45mins but don't worry, Jojo and the staff are always happy to help you. Just ask.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkeeper01 View Post
What's the other store?
A LFS in Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode