WTB jungle val - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
WTB jungle val

Did anyone know what dies on Oahu sell this? I know Portland kahala has, but theirs is all Brown and melted. Also if anyone has this themselves im willing to buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 01:47 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkeeper01 View Post
Did anyone know what dies on Oahu sell this? I know Portland kahala has, but theirs is all Brown and melted. Also if anyone has this themselves im willing to buy.
still looking for jungle val eh. i bought from petland. i think koolau pets in windward mall has sometimes and that petstore on ward. might wanna call ahead though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

How do they look because when I went (about a week ago) all their jungle val was nice and tall, but it was brownish-yellow for the most part. And what petstore by ward, the one across sports authority?

Also to anyone if you have been to aquascapes, does anyone know where else I can get the same type of wood they sell. I just don't wanna pay $40 for a small piece.

Last edited by fishkeeper01; 09-15-2013 at 02:57 AM. Reason: i cant spell

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 02:43 AM
Algae Grower

Good luck on the Aquascapes venture as far as sm Val for $40. I'll take my chance with pet plus or Petland amd clean it up and plant it. Koolau pets has some like gmonsta says call ahead that's your best bet on seeing if thy have in stock
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 03:56 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkeeper01 View Post
How do they look because when I went (about a week ago) all their jungle val was nice and tall, but it was brownish-yellow for the most part. And what petstore by ward, the one across sports authority?

Also to anyone if you have been to aquascapes, does anyone know where else I can get the same type of wood they sell. I just don't wanna pay $40 for a small piece.
Coral fish has wood like aquascapes not too sure if its cheaper though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Algae Grower

I've got a lot of Val, not sure what kind it is. You can have it all, about 10-20 stems for $5. I've got frog bit ($5) and bacopa (free) too. Brought it from Petland Kahala cheap a couple of months ago labeled as corkscrew Val, but it turned out to be more long and flat. It had a ton of snail and snail eggs, but I think I got rid of most of it. It grew too fast in my nano, so I replanted it all in my kid's outside nympahrium. The two nymphs just left though (either turned into dragonflies or got eaten, and I want to do something else with the tank. There might be some algae from being outside, I haven't looked at it closely in a while.

Stuff looked brown at the store, and most of the original leaves melted or I trimmed them off the first month, but Val grows so fast that new super healthily leaves and baby plants can reach the top of your tank in about two weeks. No kidding. You can literally watch it grow.

You can try to PM me, I've got to figure out how to respond.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

You jus go to the pm I sent u and then you type out the answer and hit reply

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode