CO2 Refill locations, prices - The Planted Tank Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 353
CO2 Refill locations, prices

Did some calling today (2/25/11) for current prices for a 20# refill.

LMK if there's any other places i've missed and i'll update the list.

If you don't mind the turn around time or the drive, Air Liquide's a pretty good deal. For sameday refills, Oahu Fire's your only choice.

Oahu Fire
96-1350 Waihona St
Pearl City, HI 96782
808-455-1295
$75 Refill or swap
Refilled on the spot while you wait
M-F 8-430

Pacific Fire
96-1358 Waihona St
Pearl City, HI 96782
808-456-4521
NO LONGER DOES CO2 REFILLS
They'll actually refer you to Oahu Fire

Airgas - Gaspro
2305 Kam Hwy
Honolulu, HI 96819
808-842-2225
$70 Refill or swap
Refills can take up to 3 weeks
M-F 630-5
Sat 8-4

Air Liquide America Corporation
91-163 Hanua St
Kaploei, HI 96707
808-682-2100
$53 Refill or swap
Refills take 3-5 days
M-F 730-4

Air Liquide America Corporation
233 Sand Island Access Road #A
Honolulu, HI 96819
808-842-4125
$60 Refill or swap
Refill can take up to 10 days
M-F 730-4
*Their Sand Island location actually sends everything to Kapolei for refills so the turn around time is longer. Not sure if that's part of the price differences I was quoted as well.
mcubed45 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:38 AM
ADA
Wannabe Guru
 
ADA's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcubed45 View Post
Did some calling today (2/25/11) for current prices for a 20# refill.

LMK if there's any other places i've missed and i'll update the list.

If you don't mind the turn around time or the drive, Air Liquide's a pretty good deal. For sameday refills, Oahu Fire's your only choice.

Oahu Fire
96-1350 Waihona St
Pearl City, HI 96782
808-455-1295
$75 Refill or swap
Refilled on the spot while you wait
M-F 8-430

Pacific Fire
96-1358 Waihona St
Pearl City, HI 96782
808-456-4521
NO LONGER DOES CO2 REFILLS
They'll actually refer you to Oahu Fire

Airgas - Gaspro
2305 Kam Hwy
Honolulu, HI 96819
808-842-2225
$70 Refill or swap
Refills can take up to 3 weeks
M-F 630-5
Sat 8-4

Air Liquide America Corporation
91-163 Hanua St
Kaploei, HI 96707
808-682-2100
$53 Refill or swap
Refills take 3-5 days
M-F 730-4

Air Liquide America Corporation
233 Sand Island Access Road #A
Honolulu, HI 96819
808-842-4125
$60 Refill or swap
Refill can take up to 10 days
M-F 730-4
*Their Sand Island location actually sends everything to Kapolei for refills so the turn around time is longer. Not sure if that's part of the price differences I was quoted as well.
Sports Authority on Ward Ave fills Co2 tanks, for about $3 each.
ADA is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA View Post
Sports Authority on Ward Ave fills Co2 tanks, for about $3 each.
are ya talkin about paintball tanks or regular full-sized tanks?
mcubed45 is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 353
Called sports authority. They only do paintball tanks.
mcubed45 is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
xmas_one's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,401
Ouch, that's about 3x what I'm paying in California..
xmas_one is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
OverStocked's Avatar
 
PTrader: (76/94%)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SoDak
Posts: 10,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas_one View Post
Ouch, that's about 3x what I'm paying in California..
You see they are filling 20lb tank? Cause 40-70 is about the going rate for filling them anywhere I have seen....
OverStocked is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
xmas_one's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by over_stocked View Post
You see they are filling 20lb tank? Cause 40-70 is about the going rate for filling them anywhere I have seen....
Yup.
xmas_one is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas_one View Post
Ouch, that's about 3x what I'm paying in California..
cost of paradise

the prices we pay on some goods here is stupid. not to mention shipping.
mcubed45 is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Algae Grower
 
tooms's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 70
There is a hydroponics place near Kahala Mall called Hydroponics and Garden Center that does swaps for $40 for 20#. No idea about fills. I am planning to stop by there next time I have to go Petland to see if they have other stuff that can used for aquariums.

Edit: looks like they swap only, no refills because they get the tanks from a third party. Tons and tons of different ferts. I didn't know which mix to get

Last edited by tooms; 03-10-2011 at 02:59 AM.
tooms is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 232
That place gives me the vibe of a basement marijuana farm supply store
not_sponsored is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Algae Grower
 
tooms's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_sponsored View Post
That place gives me the vibe of a basement marijuana farm supply store
Totally! The ceramic decorative mushrooms didn't help.
tooms is offline  
Reply

Tags
co2, prices, refill

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome