• 4 Post By BeastMaster
  • 4 Post By BeastMaster
  • 2 Post By BeastMaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Apisto Restart

I have some extra time to devote to my tanks due to a work injury so, making a few changes to my 60P "Snag" & 60F "Kopje".
In the 60P, added a piece of spider wood w/ Anubias "Petite" & Buce micrantha attached. Replenished the cardinal tetra school, added an Otocinclus & a pair of Apisto trifasciata.

female tri

male tri

In the 60F, changed the position of the lily pipes & replumbed the the filter lines. The Buces were rescaped w/ micrantha on the left & both "Titan" & "Sherry" on the right. Also had to remove some moss growth. Added some dwarf pencilfish, an Otocinclus & a pair of Apisto borelli "Blue".

female borelli

male borelli

Next Apisto project will be my 12L which will be housing a pair of nijsseni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnson18 and johnson18 like this.

Eheim Pimp #540
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Finnex Member #11
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADA Gentleman #6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2017, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Picked up a pair of A nijsseni & an Otocinclus to add to my 12L.

male nijsseni

female nijsseni

johnson18 and johnson18 like this.

Eheim Pimp #540
Finnex Member #11
ADA Gentleman #6

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Apisto Restart

All plumped up after a brine shrimp feeding.

Eheim Pimp #540
Finnex Member #11
ADA Gentleman #6

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Was disappointed w/ pic of male trifasciata so, tried a trick using a mirror on the side of the tank. It works. Got him to display w/ spread fins.

Tried it w/ male borelli & his body posture was quite different .

Behavior individual or species specific?

Eheim Pimp #540
Finnex Member #11
ADA Gentleman #6

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 07:28 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Great looking collection of Apistogrammas!! A. borellii was one of the first Apistos I saw in person & I totally fell in love with it. It is a species I will most definitely keep soon! The combo of borellii and dwarf pencils has to be an awesome combo!! I've got different pencils with two of my three Apisto species & am planning on using another pencil species in my upcoming 40b blackwater Apisto setup. I look forward to seeing more of your fish & tanks! Any plans to add more?

RAOK Club #24
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Apisto Restart

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson18 View Post
Great looking collection of Apistogrammas!! A. borellii was one of the first Apistos I saw in person & I totally fell in love with it. It is a species I will most definitely keep soon! The combo of borellii and dwarf pencils has to be an awesome combo!! I've got different pencils with two of my three Apisto species & am planning on using another pencil species in my upcoming 40b blackwater Apisto setup. I look forward to seeing more of your fish & tanks! Any plans to add more?

These 3 indoor tanks are the largest in my inventory of indoor planted tanks that can minimally house a pair of territorial dwarf cichlids. I do have an unscaped 15gal vintage SS tank on my lanai inhabited by some wild green swordtails that in the future could house a pair of wild cacatuoides.

Eheim Pimp #540
Finnex Member #11
ADA Gentleman #6

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Update: placed terra cotta huts & tubes in each tank to encourage spawning.

The trifasciata tank now houses a trio (1m/2f). The male is a more colorful replacement. The original male was lost due to intimidation by the new female.
The borelli tank also houses a 1m/2f trio. The original male was found dead unexpectedly about 2wks ago & a 2nd pair was added w/o behavioral issues.
The nijsseni tank remains unchanged w/ the original pair yet to produce eggs or fry. The female of the pair is constantly in breeding dress & behavior.
An additional planted tank (30cm cube) now houses a pair of T candidi.
Not 100% sure that I have a pair though.

male or female?

female or male?

which sex on top?

Eheim Pimp #540
Finnex Member #11
ADA Gentleman #6

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Trifasciata fry appeared yesterday. Feeding BS nauplii & Northfin fry starter.

Eheim Pimp #540
Finnex Member #11
ADA Gentleman #6

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 09:15 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMaster View Post
Trifasciata fry appeared yesterday. Feeding BS nauplii & Northfin fry starter.

Congratulations! What a wonderful photo!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic Neurotic View Post
Congratulations! What a wonderful photo!

Thanks man. Bit of an ordeal to get to this point but, worth it.

irishspy and irishspy like this.

Eheim Pimp #540
Finnex Member #11
ADA Gentleman #6

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Hey Larry! Nice to see ur still in the hobby! Whatís the foreground u got in the 60P?

Finnex member #14

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode