The Planted Tank Forum banner

FT Lauderdale Area Stores

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  steak 
#1 ·
I am working in the FT Lauderdale Area for most of the summer. Can anyone recommend any good aquatic stores in the area? Thanks in advance.

#10 ·
If you have a large aquarium to stock, the people at Neighborhood Fish Farm in Miami give me good prices when making big orders. It's not worth the drive for a couple of fish but certainly worth the drive for a big order.

Neighborhood Fish Farm
12150 SW 45 Street
Miami, FL 33175
Phone: 305-221-8013
tropicalfishmiami.com

If discus are your thing, check out Jack Watley's shop in North Miami -

Jack Wattley-Discus
6944 NE 4th Ave
Miami, Florida 33138
305-758-7848
wattleydiscus.com

#11 ·
I know this is an older thread, but thanks for all the store listings everyone! I just moved back down to the Ft. Lauderdale area and visited Beverly's Pet Center yesterday. I really want to drive to Big Al's this weekend.

Beverly's did have some Cherry shrimp and a few Crystal Reds. The CRS were in a "show" tank and I don't think they were supposed to sell them, but I think I got a newbie employee. :) Not a great grade, but perfect for me just being a hobby-breeder.

Anyhow, thanks again for all the advice on stores!

Cheers,
Jami

#14 ·
Big Al's Super Aquarium's Name Has Changed

Hi,

I went to Big Al's Super Aquarium retail store.
They switched my rewards card, to Allfish Emporium. They are no longer a franchise of Big Al's Online. The parent company, Living Color, is going to be selling its own franchises.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.