Any south Florida aquarium clubs? - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Any south Florida aquarium clubs?

So i was wondering if there is any aquarium clubs in south Florida like in broward county?

Fish🐟are🐠friends🐡not🍔food
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 12:25 AM
Algae Grower

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Cool silverhw. Thanks for that link. I was able to find only one club in Miami, but the link for that one is not working for me... It is insane how hard it is to find an aquarium club here in Miami given the fact that it is a major city. I would start a club myself, but I don't have the time or experience needed to organize it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizpa305 View Post
Cool silverhw. Thanks for that link. I was able to find only one club in Miami, but the link for that one is not working for me... It is insane how hard it is to find an aquarium club here in Miami given the fact that it is a major city. I would start a club myself, but I don't have the time or experience needed to organize it.
Lol people are missing out on this awesome hobby

Fish🐟are🐠friends🐡not🍔food
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 09:51 AM

IKR.
Its Miami tho.. Totally expected.
would be nice to actually know a few ppl who indulge in the hobby...
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
It's strange though. There's tons of fish stores, so you know people keep tanks. People just keep to themselves here for some reason.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 04:30 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)
I know of 4 people in the West Palm Beach area that trade plants,aquarium stuff,shrimp fauna. What ever each other need to improve their hobby, If We need a question answered about aquarium related topics, We would call text or pm each other.. If any-one is intrested in joining our group PM me.
-Fred

The Fraternity of Dirt #164
I'm so crazy I use Sunlight!!
RAOK CLUB #149
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
I know of 4 people in the West Palm Beach area
That's kinda far but I'll keep it in mind for next time I'm in that area.

I think all the aquarium clubs you find here in Miami are for saltwater aquariums...

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 03:46 AM
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to jerrybforl Send a message via Skype™ to jerrybforl
There's Gold Coast. I tried several years ago to get a planted club in Miami, but it just didn't happen. There are, however, a few people in the club that keep planted tanks. Not many scapers. I scape.

I also co host on ScapeFu podcasts. Should give a listen. Lots of useful info.

Thanks,

JJ
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 02:55 AM

Where about in West Palm Beach are you guys?
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 12:41 PM
Algae Grower

I live in Broward County! I have a nano planted tank in a 6 gallon fluval edge that is in much need of some new plants, my old halogen lights weren't strong enough but I upgraded to some custom LEDS finally. I just bought a Fluval Spec 2.6 gallon for my mom and told her I would get it all set up with some pretty plants and a betta or a few tetras. I am planning to start a 6 gallon pico reef once I get these two planted tanks finished.

Lets start our own club! There are so many enthusiasts in Broward, we need to start a club for plant trading and advice on best local shops, etc!

I have a 32-38 gallon (I'll have to measure it again I forgot how many gallons it is) tall tank with a high powered reef light (NOT LEDS again I need to check specs and take photos) comes with a gorgeous black and glass stand with cabinet underneath. I am thinking about selling if anyone in the area is interested. I love the tank I just don't have room for it in my house. I only had it set up for about 7 months before I had to break it down. It is in great condition. Held on to it for a while hoping I would eventually have the money and space to set it up again but It's just sitting in storage right now. Someone could really enjoy it instead of it sitting in a storage unit sad and lonely.

Anyways! it's nice to meet you all! Lets plan a meet!
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 01:06 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Miami here, id love to find some people in south florida to trade with, trying to get into shrimp keeping
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 03:18 AM
mpg
Algae Grower

Where in Broward are you? im in pompano beach. There is a club for Broward County that I just found and so far it sounds pretty good. It is called the gold coast aquarium Society of south Florida and they based out of cooper city I believe.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 11:44 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)
ya I have tried to search for one and nothing also tried to get a meet set up with members but never falls through

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 08:05 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

People are scared they are going to get jumped for their equipment, fish, plants and it will end up on craigslist or a flea market for drug money. In other parts of the country with nice folks you can have Aquarium clubs but not in Miami.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode