Any south Florida aquarium clubs? - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Trust factor is definitely an issue. But sometimes you gotta stick your neck out. Maybe if a cop was a member? lol. I know lots of cops, none of them keep fish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 03:57 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)
We should get a small meeting together with the people we have lets see if it happens

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)
I'm in Miami, I keep shrimp (TB, Tigers, Pintos, PRL), scape and grow some emersed plants. In the progress of setting up my shrimp breeding rack atm. I'm not an incredibly social person but may be interested in meeting up.

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 06:20 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
South Florida Clubs

The last I heard or seen, there is no Fish club in Miami Dade. Should be but there was but now it gone.

However, most Dade people just hit turnpike north to broward. To gold coast... they have a meeting tonight. they are on the list and they are just over the county line. I think it starts at 7pm. but check their web site.

Bump: The last I heard or seen, there is no Fish club in Miami Dade. Should be but there was but now it gone.

However, most Dade people just hit turnpike north to broward. To gold coast... they have a meeting tonight. they are on the list and they are just over the county line. I think it starts at 7pm. but check their web site.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)
It is difficult to setup a meeting in South Miami. I have met some hobbyist in my apt or his/her house. But we were never able to have a gathering more than 3 people at a time :P

|

|
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 07:58 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (23/100%)
Who is this Usgetata guy! Not sure he can be trusted... specially with shrimps!! lol JK we (plamen & I) been meaning to send you a text so we can meet up again some time soon.
usgetata and usgetata like this.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 08:21 PM

Anyone in palm beach or Broward county still on this and would like to meet up?

I am in the midst of getting a planted tank set up and interested in connecting with local folks.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 02:26 AM
Algae Grower

I am also looking for a local community to get involved with. Unfortunately, I am in Tampa so I fear I am not close enough to Miami to be very active :/

Though I would very much like to know people in Florida for easier buying/shipping purposes. It seems like most clubs, and even forums, are far less active nowadays than previously. Very strange to me. All the clubs I could find in Tampa seem to have been disbanded a few years back.

Also, this is my very first post! I've been a long time browser of the threads here, but most of the threads I read before were from years ago, so I didn't know there was still an active community here! Very exciting find for me haha.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleyn View Post
I am also looking for a local community to get involved with. Unfortunately, I am in Tampa so I fear I am not close enough to Miami to be very active :/

Though I would very much like to know people in Florida for easier buying/shipping purposes. It seems like most clubs, and even forums, are far less active nowadays than previously. Very strange to me. All the clubs I could find in Tampa seem to have been disbanded a few years back.

Also, this is my very first post! I've been a long time browser of the threads here, but most of the threads I read before were from years ago, so I didn't know there was still an active community here! Very exciting find for me haha.
I'm in Pasco. There are two local clubs which are pretty active. Tampa Bay Aquarium Society and The Aquatic Club of Pasco. To my knowledge, TBAS has been around longer but they meet in Riverview on weekdays (Monday or Tuesday I think) which makes it difficult for me to attend due to the drive.

I've attended a few meetings for Aquatic Club of Pasco. They meet in Holiday on the second Saturday of the month (next weekend if you want to join). Good group, in my opinion, though I feel it's smaller than Tampa. The club recently had their second yearly auction and holds monthly auctions at each meeting. Both groups are more active on Facebook so you should consider joining those groups if you're there.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 02:46 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by r45t4m4n View Post
I'm in Miami, I keep shrimp (TB, Tigers, Pintos, PRL), scape and grow some emersed plants. In the progress of setting up my shrimp breeding rack atm. I'm not an incredibly social person but may be interested in meeting up.
Hello. Iím visiting Miami and Iím looking like crazy for a decent planted aquarium shop. Do you know about any?
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 08:57 PM
Algae Grower

There is Tripical Fish Farm in Miami. They sometimes have a nice selection of plants. And you can see them on Instagram at Tropicalfishmiami

Hereís their last pic of plants 2 days ago

Itís a far drive for me some only made it down there once. Itís a nice place as I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 02:27 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (12/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to TrogdorSlayer22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyfeoffishin View Post
There is Tripical Fish Farm in Miami. They sometimes have a nice selection of plants. And you can see them on Instagram at Tropicalfishmiami

Hereís their last pic of plants 2 days ago

Itís a far drive for me some only made it down there once. Itís a nice place as I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this not Neighborhood Fish Farm?

ig aquarium picture journal @paoquascape
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 01:52 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrogdorSlayer22 View Post
Is this not Neighborhood Fish Farm?
Wow, is that place still in business? I used to go there decades ago when I lived in Kendall.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode