Jacksonville Fl ? Is there anything here - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Jacksonville Fl ? Is there anything here

What is available in Jacksonville? Where are the best shops?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 01:58 AM
Algae Grower

I'd like to know also. Anything in St. Augustine or Daytona too?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 01:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I am here as well.
Best shop is the internet for me. Unfortunately most fish stores around and purely marine. But if you find something let me know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:54 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
IMO, the best fish offering near Jacksonville is actually in Middleburg, a neighboring town; First Coast Tropical Fish, owned by Chris Butcher. He has great prices, a large selection of healthy fish, a wealth of knowledge and keeps his tanks in good condition. He does ship, sells thru A'bid under seller 90125, and you can request a current inventory & pricelist via email to [email protected]. Check out his FB page, and he does weekly walking videos which are nice, so you can see some of his tanks.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 11:13 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
I have stopped by at Poseidon Aquarium in Daytona Beach a couple of times and it is pretty good. I was REALLY spoiled when I was living in San Diego with 2 great fish stores there!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2020, 01:39 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Not exactly "Local" but Imperial Tropicals is awesome. They are in Central/South Florida, but their standard shipping ($15) is basically overnight in Florida. They have a decent and affordable selection of fish/shrimp and mine have all turned out well. No notable DOAs or quick passings. As far as true local fish stores, I'm out of suggestions. If you are into car rides, Imperial Tropicals does tours and such. Swell folks from what I've heard, never shown up myself!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

So after several months of searching and very little to show for it I did discover a neat little store Called Reeflections on the west side of Jacksonville. I believe he specializes in salt water fish and such, Given the name and that 85% of his inventory is salt water. He does have a large selection of plants, and a small selection of freshwater fish and latly even some really cool shrimp. He is always busy with maintenance on his tanks and feeding and such, but will stop to ansewr my numorus newbie questions, and so far has not steered me wrong. worth a look if you live in Jacksonville.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2020, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxfisher View Post
IMO, the best fish offering near Jacksonville is actually in Middleburg, a neighboring town; First Coast Tropical Fish, owned by Chris Butcher. He has great prices, a large selection of healthy fish, a wealth of knowledge and keeps his tanks in good condition. He does ship, sells thru A'bid under seller 90125, and you can request a current inventory & pricelist via email to [email protected]. Check out his FB page, and he does weekly walking videos which are nice, so you can see some of his tanks.
Is he still open would love to go check this place out? I checked his face book page and it says they are closed for covid, and no new updates since. It's not to far from me, and the posted prior to that seem really nice! I'm excited.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode